More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 21:45:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  If I can find the right hack, I can find it here...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: If I can find the right hack, I can find it here...  (Read 4548 times)
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
If I can find the right hack, I can find it here...
« on: 2005 November 11, 15:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all! First time I've posted here, so don't be too mean. Or go ahead, if it's that important to you.

I have been using a hack (called smartserve) which begins to handle the irritating problem of stupid sims cooking stupid things stupidly. But I have found myself more and more annoyed by the way it locks other sims out of using the fridge after the fridge has been selected. I know that this is to keep other sims from feeding themselves while the food is being prepared, but it makes my simmies go hungry when I cancel a have/serve meal command, either because someone autonomously picked the command up or I decided the cooker had something better to do.
Does anyone here know a better meals or fridge hack that will make my sims' kitchen life easier? It doesn't have to do exactly the same thing as the smartserve hack, it just needs to cut down on my frustration level with the little boogerheads. What do the folks here use for kitchen hacks?

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: If I can find the right hack, I can find it here...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 15:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably a bit more basic that you are looking for, but over at simlogical I have a no-autonomy fridge so sims will only cook from it what and when you tell them to.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 11, 15:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you updated smartserve lately?  I play with that and the locking-out thing was removed some time ago.  As I recall, they can't autonomously go to the fridge within the hour, but you can direct them to.  I have no problems doing that at all. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 11, 15:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't updated it recently, no. I never have any idea where the things I have come from, so I can never find them again to update them. In the meantime, I did poke around and find out that it's from MTS2, but very sadly, the downloads there are broken. Sigh... I shall wait until they are working again.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 11, 15:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a Dizzy2 hack isn't it?  Much as it pains me to say it, you can probably get it on Variousimmers.net Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 11, 18:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AND at MTS2 Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 11, 18:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They knew that but they said the MTS2 downloads were not working.  I didn't know if they were in a big hurry

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 11, 21:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they're working again. I went and got some new car meshes and re-colors. Maxis' are too boring.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 11, 22:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't updated it recently, no. I never have any idea where the things I have come from, so I can never find them again to update them. In the meantime, I did poke around and find out that it's from MTS2, but very sadly, the downloads there are broken. Sigh... I shall wait until they are working again.

I've had that problem in the past too (with figuring out from where I got something), so figured out a way of keeping track.

I have my HD partitioned, and all my downloads go onto the partition.  On that partition I have a pretty extensive folder structure just for my Sims downloads.  Each folder is named from the site I found the file, especially if it's a more obscure site.  For my game mods, I just have a folder called GameMods, then sub-folders for the various sites and in those sub-folders for each creator.  It may take me a few minutes to figure out from where something came, but that's usually a few minutes well spent.  For example, if I can't remember from where I got TwoJeff's mod that allows sims to wear their current formalwear for wedding wear, I can just sort through my folders until I come along the right one.  I am getting better about remembering where I got most of that stuff, but when it's a site I don't visit often I forget a lot more.  Tongue

Of course there's always the possibility of creators moving sites, like TwoJeffs and CrammyBoy coming here.  In order to keep them straight, though, all I need to do is move their respective folders to the folder for their new home.

Alas, here I sit rambling again!  And just when I found myself a new mission upon which to embark! LOL

qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 11, 23:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, managed to get it at VS. My computer practically refuses to load their site; I suppose it has taste.

And MTS2 is now apparently back up after I went to all that trouble. Ah, well.
Anyhow, the update seems to be working fine. Thanks, all.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 12, 04:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

V, have you got Hairfish's recolours of some of the cars?  they're the best I've seen.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: