More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 18:12:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Did I break it? How do I enter a stupid cooking contest?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Did I break it? How do I enter a stupid cooking contest?  (Read 8967 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Did I break it? How do I enter a stupid cooking contest?
« on: 2008 November 02, 02:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of my sims want to enter one. I put the cooking contest table on a community lots and had my sims cook some food and stuff it in their inventory. I visited the lot, but the table had no options at all. The judge was there, pacing back and forth, but she also had no options.

Huh

Fail.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
Re: Did I break it? How do I enter a stupid cooking contest?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 02, 03:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I've ever been able to do it is to go to the cuisine hobby lot. On the fridges in the kitchens there it gives the option "cook for contest." Cook your whatever, and the contest automatically starts.

Maybe either a) only the hobby lot can have contests, and/or b) you have to cook the food for the contest on the lot, so there's nothing for you because there's no kitchen where you've placed the contest table? If there is a kitchen on-lot, try checking the kitchen's options.

All I know to suggest I'm afraid. Sad
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 02, 03:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh, I figured it out.

EAxis was just purposely unhelpful in the want tooltip.

You have to cook a GROUP MEAL using the Make Many option, which puts food in your inventory without having to grab it off a counter. Then when you go to a lot with the contest table you can enter your food.

Would it really have been that hard to put this little bit of info into the damn tooltip? There isn't a word in there about the size of the meal or how to make it! It just says cook food and go to a lot with a contest table.

Fail.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 02, 04:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need the 'make many' option, I think that's intended for when you want your sims to make multiple meals to sell.
As moonDragoness says, at the cuisine hobbylot you get the extra option to 'cook for contest', which I think adds no more functionality than a normal 'make' option.
They both put the food into your inventory.

First time I tried this my sim burnt the lobster, so I got her to try again and made ribs on the bbq.
When you click the contest table it gives you the choice to pick a meal from whatever is in the inventory.
Then magically another 3 sims, including the hobby maven, pull food from their butts to go against you in the contest.
I thought the ribs had no chance of winning against 2 other perfect lobsters and a salad, but they did!

Not sure if you can have contests on an community lot, as the food-judge NPC is needed too

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 02, 05:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any community lot works. My sim won with a salad against pancakes, toaster pastries, and something unidentifiable.

I like how you can eat any of the food after the contest, like it's a buffet.

Fail.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 02, 06:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you place kitchen equipment on a community lot you have the option 'make food for contest' that goes straight to inventory without risk of being eaten.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 04, 00:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you can also "serve" a group meal so long as you cancel the action before they actually take a plate from the platter.  Then you can stick the platter in your inventory.  When you click on the contest table, all possible entry meals in the sim's inventory will be displayed for you to choose from.

For some reason, Cuisine hobby snack platters don't qualify.  Not sure if Gelatin does?  lol

And yeah, the tooltip isn't very helpful.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 04, 13:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As moonDragoness says, at the cuisine hobbylot you get the extra option to 'cook for contest', which I think adds no more functionality than a normal 'make' option.

That is utter crap... 'make' does NOT put the food in the inventory.
I think I must have dreamed it did.
It leaves the dish on the counter 'unserved', which is a way to torture the hungry kids as they only get the option to 'clear up' or 'call to meal', and the latter seems to do nothing.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 04, 15:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option to 'make many' puts the food into inventory.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 05, 16:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is utter crap... 'make' does NOT put the food in the inventory.
I think I must have dreamed it did.
It leaves the dish on the counter 'unserved', which is a way to torture the hungry kids as they only get the option to 'clear up' or 'call to meal', and the latter seems to do nothing.
Well, if you want it in the inventory, it's pretty easy to pick it up and stick it in your inventory...

I like how you can eat any of the food after the contest, like it's a buffet.
I also noticed that eating the food doesn't fulfill wants to eat that type of food.  Which is rather annoying.

PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 05, 21:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also noticed that eating the food doesn't fulfill wants to eat that type of food.  Which is rather annoying.

I haven't noticed this - my sim had the desire to eat Santa Cookies, and eating them got me the want points. (Ahahah, Santa cookies in the contest... I've also had someone enter TOASTER PASTRIES.)

Perhaps you served custom food, cloned pre-FT? No clue as to why that would have an effect, but I dunno why it wouldn't grant the want in the first place.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 06, 04:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Ahahah, Santa cookies in the contest... I've also had someone enter TOASTER PASTRIES.)

One of my sims won the cooking contest with Santa cookies. Don't knock em!  Grin
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 06, 07:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims lost against toaster pastries.

I'm liking the cooking contest. Since all my sims want to win one, I must have done three or four dozen of them already. However, I think for NPCs winning and losing is somewhat arbitrary, since some of them win despite not having cooking skill and/or not cooking a better food. Possibly broken code. What else is new?

Fail.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 07, 00:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed this - my sim had the desire to eat Santa Cookies, and eating them got me the want points. (Ahahah, Santa cookies in the contest... I've also had someone enter TOASTER PASTRIES.)

Perhaps you served custom food, cloned pre-FT? No clue as to why that would have an effect, but I dunno why it wouldn't grant the want in the first place.
No, not a custom food.  The first time I noticed this was with a sim who cooked up ribs for the first time and entered them in the contest.  Uppon winning and fulfilling the want to win, he wanted to "eat ribs".  So I had him grab a plate of his winning entry and eat it, but no want points and want stayed there.  I thought this was just how the stupid contest normally worked, but since you've said it fulfilled wants for your sims, I guess something else was borked there.  Will have to test this further.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 07, 07:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ctrl+click on the want. It will reroll and be fulfilled. I always do it for wants that should be triggered but aren't for some reason.

PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 25, 23:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ctrl+click on the want. It will reroll and be fulfilled. I always do it for wants that should be triggered but aren't for some reason.

You also need to be in Debug mode when you do this, just in case there's someone out there who isn't always playing in it (aside from BBS Sheeple.)

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: