More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 20:55:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Attack of the Clones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Attack of the Clones  (Read 3712 times)
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Attack of the Clones
« on: 2008 September 15, 22:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the picture speaks for itself.  I've got a Starla Rodeik appearing about every five seconds. Angry  Last night I put in a newer version of notownieregen.  Could it be causing the problem?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Attack of the Clones
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 15, 22:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody reported a similar issue with another sim in the AL Borkedness thread.  Sounds like it may be an insidious AL bug.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 15, 22:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol!  From the pic it looks like she doesn't like herself very much (note the "--"s happening).   Cheesy

I don't envy you the bug, though.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 15, 22:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked the SDSC's with the QA version of Simpe and there's still only one Starla.  Of course I didn't save after playing... but maybe, it's duplicating the same sim rather than creating the same sim over and over.  That would be a relief. Roll Eyes
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 15, 23:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh... not to put a wet blanket all over your new-found relief, but if Stella is developing a negative relationship with herself, that would strike me as a VBT.  I'd much rather have 20 or 50 extra townies than corrupt memories from sims interacting with themselves...  Maybe it's just me.  Embarrassed
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 16, 13:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked the SDSC's with the QA version of Simpe and there's still only one Starla.  Of course I didn't save after playing... but maybe, it's duplicating the same sim rather than creating the same sim over and over.  That would be a relief. Roll Eyes

It will be the same sim file - this sort of thing has been happening since University though usually it's one clone not several.  The interrelating thing can be dealt with in the memory manage in SimPE - just delete.  What's causing it, I have no idea, so I apologise for my otherwise useless post.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 16, 14:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the other thread, Pescado suggested that duplicated instantiations of the same sim are not likely immediately fatal, but "both sims" should be deleted immediately.  You have more than two.  Consequently, it is likely not a bad move to quit without saving.  Does it happen again when you restart?

Tribulatio proxima est
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 18, 04:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked simpe afterwards, and she only has one file, though I didn't save the lot.  Hasn't happened since, but I haven't played that lot again either.  Maybe I'm in safe waters for now.   Undecided

As for corrupt memories, I usually let good ol' lot debugger take care of 'em.  I guess I'll see how it goes from here...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: