More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 13:13:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?  (Read 12952 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 30, 19:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that if the objects.package was read only, then it would prevent the problem from occurring anyway.

The real test would be to have not marked the file as read only - put a car on the lot, save while someone is using it, and then see what happens.

And I've got to admit, I'm not brave enough to do it!

Ness
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the pa
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 30, 19:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real test would be to have not marked the file as read only - put a car on the lot, save while someone is using it, and then see what happens.

Now, why would we want to do that? Wink
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the pa
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 30, 20:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, why would we want to do that? Wink

You know who! me of course... now let's do a copy of that objects.package file 1st though in case anything goes wrong.  Ah the things you make me do while I wear that frenchfried suit....

I will come back later with the final final test about this.... wish me luck! (Maxis you better not fail me here!)
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 20:51:07 by Missdoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Anyone tried to add the "remote control car" in their Sim house since the patch?
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 30, 21:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok here is the set-up I am doing right now:

Family 1:  added a car and saved while they are playing with the car

Family 2:  added a card and saved while they are playing with the car while one of the Sim is at work

Family 3:  add the car, I am just checking to see if they will get the promotion and paycheck they should and if they will keep memory of it.  Will play with car while the Sim is at work but will save, go back to neighborhood and return to it.

So far the objects.package file as not been modified, it is still dated of 09/30 which is the date after patch.

Be back later with the results
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 21:15:45 by Missdoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 30, 21:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the results, I am happy to say it is fix.  Let me say after I did the set-up I quitted my game even restarted my computer (was not necessary but I did it anyway), I check the objects.package file again it was not modify.

Family 1 while the whole test was going did not stop playing with the car (saved them that way)

Family 2 Got a chance card, came back with promotion and got paid, I saved return to lot check the memory and all is there.

Family 3 Also got paid when return from work and got a promotion, all memories where there.

I just quit my game, check the objects.package file and it is not modify so I turn it back to be a read-only file.

Now can I put my chicken outfit back please  Tongue
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 31, 02:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I suppose I will cautiously start trying it again. But I have had other issues with it too, like the damned sound effect for it not going away even after the sim stopped using it and even after they sold it. Tongue I will use it and cross my fingers and blame you Missdoh if anything goes wrong lol! Wink j/k

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 31, 02:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'll leave the remote control car playing to y'all for now.  Flamingo-kicking is still safe and fills fun in no time.  Like Motoki, I had problems with the sound continuing even when no one was playing it, which drove me nuts.  And the Sims drove me nuts playing with the dang thing every chance they got.  So it went bye-bye.  My sims have other fun things when they can afford them, but I can't stand it when they stand around whining because their fun has bottomed out, so it's off to kick a flamingo for a while.  And of course flamingoes are essential for College rampages and Skillinating.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 31, 03:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I suppose I will cautiously start trying it again. But I have had other issues with it too, like the damned sound effect for it not going away even after the sim stopped using it and even after they sold it. Tongue I will use it and cross my fingers and blame you Missdoh if anything goes wrong lol! Wink j/k

From what I heard the sound was ok, it stop after they played and the car was parked if this can reassure you  Wink  I have a wide back, you can blame it on me if anything goes wrong with that car, I will then blame it on Maxis  Tongue
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 02, 04:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Missdoh, for your patient testing. I can either click the imaginary bene button, or the imaginary thanks button. Which would you prefer? Cheesy

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 02, 21:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, no need for that in here I am happy that you find this test useful.

Now everyone can use that car in their game if they wish.  Just a reminder though, it is important to avoid future problems until hum hum another patch comes out or a mod/hack is made that you make your objects.package a read-only file.  A lot of things we do in game can modify this package which is not a good thing (like having Mrs. Crumplebottom moved-in, killed or bitten for example)

That file is located in c:/programfiles/eagames/theSims2Nightlife/tsdata/res/objects.

Simply right clic on it, select properties and then make sure there is a mark in the "read-only" icon, then apply and save.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: