More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:50:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Would sharing a Hood lead to Very Bad Things ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Would sharing a Hood lead to Very Bad Things ?  (Read 3476 times)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Would sharing a Hood lead to Very Bad Things ?
« on: 2008 July 20, 12:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A friend of mine and I were up late chatting online last night and though that it would be cool to share a Hood. That is she makes the Hood and plays and then packages up the N00# file and sends it to me. I've shared Hoods this way in the past but only one way.

My main question is this: If we pass this Hood back and forth and we both use different mods and so on is the Hood going to end up being borkinated? If we pulled our Downloads folders to play the shared Hood would that be better?

Looking forward to your responses,

Cass Smiley

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Would sharing a Hood lead to Very Bad Things ?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 20, 13:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, just zipping the entire Neighborhood folder and sending it back and forth after play sessions? As long as your EP/SP/patch configuration is the same, I can't think of any terminal errors that would occur in a clean game scenario. If you already have a 'hood with that N### number, you could just load it separately by generating a new The Sims 2 folder, removing the Maxis 'hoods, and then adding her 'hood in the Neighborhoods folder.

Any buy/build/body CC that is present in the lots or on the sims will have to be duplicated to show up; but if not, then those items just won't appear, or will show up as a default item. I'd suggest either zip up the CC and send it back and forth as well, or play clean.

As far as hacks: either synchronize/share what you each have, take out mega game-changing mods, or play clean. By mega game-changing mods, I mean stuff like the kitten killer, ACR, DMA sets, even Cboy's Community Time. For example: if you play with Macrotastics and your friend does not, I don't think there would be a problem as long as you don't save any lots with someone in a macro. But if she has the kitten killer and sends the 'hood to you with a pregnant teen or a sim with miscarriage memories, it'd be a bad thing if you don't have the kitten killer.

If I were to consider doing this, I'd probably prefer to play without buy/build/body CC, and then synchronize the hacks. Any other ideas out there?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 20, 14:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be easier to do this with AnyGameStarter?  Agree on what configuration of EPs you're going to use and voila--you only have to keep your AGS folders, hacks and CC synched. 

That way you wouldn't have to keep pulling and replacing things in your main My Docs\EA Games folder to play the shared hood versus your own 'hoods.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 20, 14:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, if you don't have the exact same EP/SP config, AnyGameStarter would be a good way to level the playing field.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 20, 15:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both very much. I have DL'ed the AGS and think it is very cool.

Cass Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 20, 15:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget that you must ALSO have the same set of CC and hacks. Otherwise things break or reset.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 20, 18:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup got it; Use AGS, and share Downloads folder to keep same CC & mods.

Thanks again everyone!

Cass Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: