More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 17:43:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ready to be laughed at
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ready to be laughed at  (Read 3665 times)
thatDAMsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
ready to be laughed at
« on: 2008 July 19, 16:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to totally start over with sims2 on my mac. I threw everything away I could find and emptied the trash. Installed TS2 from the orig. disc... it set up neighborhoods etc. so far so good. Double clicked of TS2 icon on hard drive and it told me I was running the wrong version of the sims and I needed the seasons (which was previously my last ep before trashing all folders (I thought) and trying to start over. I have all EP's up to Seasons now and I wanted to install them in order and start over with my CC as my downloads folder was out of control.

I am not sure if it is on this site but I think I saw a utility? that would uninstall all sims related files. Of course didn't think I would need it at the time and now I can't find it. Anyway wasn't sure it was for a  G5 MAC.

What am I doing wrong?
Please help this lowly serf.

Wherever you go, there you are.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: ready to be laughed at
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 19, 16:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you did not properly uninstall, so whatever passes for a registry on a Mac still retains the old data. Therefore, you should reinstall back up to Seasons, THEN either run Seasons, or uninstall everything properly and reinstall again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 19, 20:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Receipts substitute for registry on macs.  Tongue

To the OP, it helps to know where you originally installed the game.  Not your user files, not an alias, but the game application you double-click to start, where was it on your original installation?

For starters, try this: if you are running Tiger or later, you can use Spotlight to search for any file with "The Sims 2" or "thesims2".  Do it for your all folders under your home directory, Shared, and Applications.  Empty trash on it all.

Try reinstalling.  If that doesn't work, come back and I'll detail the paths where you need to look to uninstall explicitly.
thatDAMsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 19, 21:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right I didn't.  I had to remove files from " home  folder/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.TheSims2.plist" .TheSims2BodyShop.plist" TheSims2PackageInstaller.plist. Thanks

Wherever you go, there you are.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 19, 22:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahahahahhahahahahaha hahahhahahahha hahhahahahahahahaha!!!!

(didn't want to leave you disappointed)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 20, 20:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might find this utility useful, it will delete all preference files associated with an app when you uninstall:
http://reggie.ashworth.googlepages.com/appdelete
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: