More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:37:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Number of sims on a community lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Number of sims on a community lot  (Read 9108 times)
arogers
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Number of sims on a community lot
« on: 2008 June 05, 15:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a way to limit the amount of sims that visit community lots? i think there is already a limit of 11 but i want to change it to 3 or 4.
Thanks!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Number of sims on a community lot
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 05, 15:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes; there's a cheat you can enter that regulates the number of sims allowed to visit community lots and come to parties.  I'm not at my game computer right now, and I don't remember the exact name of the cheat off the top of my head, but if you do a search on "maxnumberofsims" (or variations of that phrase) it should turn up here in the Podium.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 05, 15:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, it's "intprop maxnumberofvisiting sims #" It has to be entered in neighborhood view or in your userstartup.cheat.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 07, 06:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only 3 or 4? Srsly? Is it for story reasons? Does ewe need moar rams? Not being critical, just curious why you'd want so few to visit.

As an aside, does anyone know offhand whether that "visitingsims" total includes NPC's at all?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 07, 14:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it includes all sims.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
arogers
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 08, 12:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its not for a story its for actual gameplay. i got 2 gb ram but all the packs. my game still lags even with a top of the range graphics card. Its like ea intended to make the game slow.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 08, 13:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only got 1 GB of Ram and my game defaults to 8 visiting sims/customers with almost no lag.  It sounds like you might have something else going on.  How much CC/Downloads folder size do you have?  Go into your Gameplay and Graphics/Performance options and put some of those options to the low settings.
What Operating System are you running (Vista needs alot more Ram than XP).  More info on your system specs would be helpful for those experts out there to give you some hints.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 08, 23:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, especially if you have to subtract the barista, waiter, cashier, etc., from your 3 or 4... hell, depending on the kind of lot you want to visit, you might not even have space available for your own, lone sim to join the NPCs there.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 09, 18:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I concur with GayJohnS.  If you have 2Gig of RAMZ, you should have no problems with 8 or more sims on a community lot at a time.  You might get some lag if your lot is very large, has lots of trees, shrubs, plants, etc., has a lot of CC building content, etc.

I can have 10-15 sims on a lot with no lag with a P4 3 Gig processor and 2 Gig RAM.

Adjust graphics settings: move shadows to medium or low and test.  Just doing that took care of any lag I had.

Additionally (if you don't do this already) try disconnecting your modem and killing all unneded processes from the task manager.

Tribulatio proxima est
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 09, 21:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was getting a lot of choppy, laggy animation on my comm lots on my last computer, I also turned off UI Transparency. UI didn't look the prettiest after that, but it seemed to save my graphics card a lot of work and made a big difference in the jerky/laggy anims.

arogers
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 10, 20:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have a few hacks and have all the extracted CS, PS ,LS objects (553 in total not including walls, floors and roofs)
all the settings are high but today I decided to lower the object detail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: