More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 20:56:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  townies have no interests
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: townies have no interests  (Read 3067 times)
Taxidermy
Asinine Airhead

INFP.

View Profile WWW
townies have no interests
« on: 2008 June 12, 17:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I followed the tutorial here on how to make my own townies, there's just a small problem. None of the new townies generate with any interests. Which in turn makes it near impossible for them to build relationships with my playables. If it makes a difference, they were all created in CAS then made townies. I've used boolprop testingcheats to give some of them interests, however it's hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not currently playing with any hacks installed, and I have Uni + OFB.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: townies have no interests
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 13, 08:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game will automatically assign them when the game first initializes them (not when summoned from an Ingelogical shrub). It's actually quite hard to ENFORCE the no-interest state, and I had to mess with the game a fair bit to allow the game to keep Lythdan that way so she would FINGERS IN EARS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Taxidermy
Asinine Airhead

INFP.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 13, 15:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see, so say I made made them townies while the game was paused, when first entering the lot. Would that stop the game from initializing them properly?
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 13, 16:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what he means is that you have to wait until either they walk by or show up at a community lot. That should initialize them.
Taxidermy
Asinine Airhead

INFP.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 13, 20:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how I found out though, they walked by and I had my sim talk to them, and they weren't agreeing on anything. After about the third townie I realised something must be wrong. So next time I saw them I made them selectable and checked everything out, and none of them had interests.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: