More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 15:01:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game freezes during age transition.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game freezes during age transition.  (Read 3318 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Game freezes during age transition.
« on: 2008 May 31, 13:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two Sims, a set of twins, ready to age transition.  One of them will transition without a problem, but whenever I choose Grow Up for the other the game freezes.  I've tried re-starting and re-booting, but so far I'm still stuck.

I've removed my mods and enabled debug mode, but neither has helped.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 31, 15:00:06 by Syera » Logged

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Game freezes during age transition.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 31, 20:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which EPs do you have? Namely, isn't it BV where you can start choosing which townies to age up along with your sim, and could this be in any way related? Also, have you been selecting "Grow Up" by clicking on the sim each time, or have you tried sending them to a cake and seeing if it'll work that way? Have you tried leaving them to their own devices and seeing if 6pm takes care of the issue itself? Is it the same twin each time who causes the problem, or is it whichever one is going second at the time?

Oh, does the 2nd grow-er-up-er have any items of custom skintone or hair that might be throwing an error when they try to switch to the next level's? When you tried growing up in debug mode, was there any error log generated therefrom?

(therefrom. a word? dunno. but I think I like it.)

Sorry, no real suggestions, just some random thoughts. The more info you can give us, the better.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 31, 20:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which EPs do you have? Namely, isn't it BV where you can start choosing which townies to age up along with your sim, and could this be in any way related?
I have all the expansion packs.

Also, have you been selecting "Grow Up" by clicking on the sim each time, or have you tried sending them to a cake and seeing if it'll work that way? Have you tried leaving them to their own devices and seeing if 6pm takes care of the issue itself?
I haven't tried that yet, but I plan to when I get some time.

Is it the same twin each time who causes the problem, or is it whichever one is going second at the time?
The problem is with the sim - after restoring the game I had her try to age transition first.

Oh, does the 2nd grow-er-up-er have any items of custom skintone or hair that might be throwing an error when they try to switch to the next level's? When you tried growing up in debug mode, was there any error log generated therefrom?
Both sims are aliens.

(therefrom. a word? dunno. but I think I like it.)
It is now.  Wink

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 31, 21:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Namely, isn't it BV where you can start choosing which townies to age up along with your sim, and could this be in any way related?

No, that started with FT.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 01, 00:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured out what the problem was - it had something to do with the default replacement alien skin I was using.  I finally took that out of my game and she age-transitioned fine.

Edit: I fixed the skin, too.  It turned out that one of the files (the adult female muscular skin texture) in the skin replacement package was borked.  Fortunately, I still had the original texture files in my projects folder.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 01, 13:52:16 by Syera » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: