More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 07, 23:17:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This interruption brought to you by Fight Club
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This interruption brought to you by Fight Club  (Read 15152 times)
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: This interruption brought to you by Fight Club
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 09, 06:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had a burglary and exploited it mercilessly. Everyone in the household automatically met the burglar, as usual, and were made furious. I had one of the children call him with Autoyak and made him a friend. The other family member still hate them, so that should produce some interesting interactions...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 09, 06:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always get my popularity sims to meet the burglar by freeing him from the police car. about 3-4 sim-days later they are best friends! You also get to 'meet' the cop although he is pissed at the sim who freed the burglar. Easy friendship. I don't have 'enemies accumalate' though. I used to, but was sick of trash can kickers, newspaper stealers and suchlike.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 09, 06:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and I put my burglar alarm on the outside of the house, usually on the garage wall. You used to be able to place the burglar alarms on an outside wall in Sims 1, so I figure it ain't cheating. Wink
I do that too, when I remember. I've been meaning to recolor the burglar alarm to some sort of ADT sign. Having the keypad showing on the unit outside is a little unreal.

My burglar and cop show up at community lots. So far, never at the same time. I'm looking forward to when that happens.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 09, 06:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and then proceeds to fume about it until their dying day. Get over it already! Everyone in Teardrop Isle gets robbed! You are not special.

Gah! I know, right? I had a household that was burgled when the twins were toddlers. On his fricking wedding day, Twin2 had to take time out before cutting the cake to get all stampy and pissy about that thing that happened when he was a baby. Loser.

It's always seemed stupid to me that the red icon/bad memory appears to be triggered when the cop thanks the family for their help and rewards them with cash monies. Nothing lost, perp caught immediately, cash reward. Yeah, a break-in sucks and is scary. Yeah, it's exactly the kind of thing that would stay with you in RL, even if the stranger in your house didn't actually take anything. But all the lifelong stamping and snarling about some childhood trauma is just tedious.

"Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever. But get over it." -Cordelia Chase, BtVS

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 09, 07:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always get my popularity sims to meet the burglar by freeing him from the police car.

You are my muse tonight mate, I have tried clicking on those damn police cars for ever and finally decided it was L & P. So it's popularity sims that do it eh? What are the chances of me never using a popularity sim to try?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2008 May 09, 07:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think all aspirations can click on the car-not just popularity. I wait until the cop comes back in the house after the burglar has been put in the car, (I just get my sim to walk up and down the hallway. If they are doing stuff they can't stop doing it soon enough to get to the car) then as soon as the pop-up window appears and build and buy are enabled I click on the rear door of the cop car and they run to open it. It is all a matter of timing, you have to get it just right because as soon as the cop starts going back to the car the chance is lost.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 May 10, 03:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only had one burglary since I installed OFB when it first came out.  I keep forgetting to put alarms up.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 May 10, 09:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have 'enemies accumalate' though. I used to, but was sick of trash can kickers, newspaper stealers and suchlike.
Trashcan kickers and newspaper steals are not caused by enemies accumulate. What IS prevented is sims becoming BFFs immediately after being furious with them, and also, the amount of senseless maintenance overhead in friend-maintenance is reduced as well, so that sims will statistically only require about 10-12 calls per day instead of 40 or 50.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 May 10, 10:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. I thought it made them mad and do stuff like that Cheesy I'll put it back in then.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 May 10, 10:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: