More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:41:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help with installing custom neighborhoods!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with installing custom neighborhoods!  (Read 2905 times)
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help with installing custom neighborhoods!
« on: 2008 May 05, 02:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I will probably be made fun of this, and that's ok, but I desperately need help installing my custom neighborhoods that I've downloaded and getting them to show up in my game! I've read the same thing over and over again, the installation directions, and blah blah blah, but for some reason these hoods aren't showing up in my game! I'm so annoyed...I'd like to use them, but you know, I can't get anyone to help me. any suggestions? any tips? thanks! Angry
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Help with installing custom neighborhoods!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 05, 05:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this a custom terrain you downloaded or a complete 'hood with the terrain, houses, and sims included?

I suspect you are referring to just a terrain, since people who post whole 'hoods post explicit installation directions. For a terrain, place the file in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR ACCOUNT\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SC4Terrains. Also place any .png files you may have been provided with there as well. Then, fire up the game. Click on the button to add a new neighborhood (big ol' button showing a couple houses and a plus sign). Choose the terrain you just downloaded. Click the checkmark. Name the hood and choose your terrain type (not necessarily in that order).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 05, 23:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try that path instead and see if it works. I have vista, and I can't seem to find my docs and settings folder, where would I find that? I'm trying to install custom neighborhoods with just the terrain.....I downloaded some really cool ones and I can't use them! I'm about to scream! I've heard different ways to install these things, and now I'm all confused and don't know which is the right way to install! sorry I'm being so difficult, I just want to get my hoods' installed.  Shocked thanks for your help.
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 06, 02:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey! Thankyou So Much!!!!! It worked!!!!!! yeah!!! I'm happy now Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 06, 04:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!
*pinches the silly kiddie*

Now quit appealing to my Fness.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: