More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:09:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd - unistalled down to OFB, lot package grabs extra recolors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd - unistalled down to OFB, lot package grabs extra recolors  (Read 3452 times)
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Odd - unistalled down to OFB, lot package grabs extra recolors
« on: 2008 April 28, 05:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I've missed something, maybe this isn't significiant.  It does make me wonder.

Since Freetime, people have had trouble packaging lots.  The package will include all sorts of unneeded recolors.

I unistalled down to OFB.  I packaged a lot that used 2 painting recolors.  I checked the packaged file, and it has 9 painting recolors.

Is it possible this isn't a Freetime problem?  Could it be caused by CEP?  That's just wild speculation on my part, but it is strange.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 28, 05:33:58 by nocomment » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Odd - unistalled down to OFB, lot package grabs extra recolors
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 28, 06:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's always happened.  Packaged lots have always grabbed recolours like that.  I once downloaded a packaged lot with a couple of recoloured paintings in it & got about 30 or so recolours of those paintings.

To avoid this happening in future:  before you package a lot, remove any recolours you're not using from the downloads directory.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 28, 09:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use Clean Installer for one of the things it was designed for and clean up the lot file with that.  The Maxis packing system has been packing up stray recolours ever since it was released.  That's why Clean Installer was made, so we could weed them out before we installed the lot.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 28, 15:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was one last-EP version that didn't do the mass-recolor inclusion. I think that was Seasons, or maybe Pets. It started back with BV that I noticed it was screwed up again. Now, sharing a lot requires that you package, use clean installer to install the lot on a cc-free test account with just what you need, check the lot to make sure it's not missing meshes (because it's dumping meshes periodically now too), then repackage the lot. It's annoying and time-consuming.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 28, 19:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I didn't realize this was an old problem.  I thought something really strange was happening.

I did use Clean Installer to fix my package.  I rarely share my lots, so I haven't seen these problems before.  Thanks for all the info!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 28, 23:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was one last-EP version that didn't do the mass-recolor inclusion. I think that was Seasons, or maybe Pets. It started back with BV that I noticed it was screwed up again. Now, sharing a lot requires that you package, use clean installer to install the lot on a cc-free test account with just what you need, check the lot to make sure it's not missing meshes (because it's dumping meshes periodically now too), then repackage the lot. It's annoying and time-consuming.

Oh yes, you're right, Seasons did semi-fix the problems (though, as I remember it, it only partially fixed the problems).  Nevertheless, true to form, Maxis borked it again is what you're saying, yes?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 28, 23:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I didn't realize this was an old problem.  I thought something really strange was happening.

I did use Clean Installer to fix my package.  I rarely share my lots, so I haven't seen these problems before.  Thanks for all the info!

It's understandable. I only know about it because I used to package a lot of lots, and it was really annoying. Then, voila! Fixed by an EP!

I haven't tried it yet with FT or BV, so I guess we'll find out.

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 29, 02:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running Seasons and I don't get any Maxis recolors (with a couple odd exceptions like the recolorable modular stairs), but I generally get all of a custom object's recolors when I pack a lot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: