More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:05:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Renu-u-portachug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Renu-u-portachug  (Read 11486 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The Renu-u-portachug
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 01, 02:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[that at all...

<very confused>

Matching interests and/or randomness must play a greater role than I'm giving them credit for. Maybe I should have them share interests and bunch more and they'd get to liking each other better?

I'm going to end up having everyone he likes over and having him scope the room so I can figure out who he really likes best (but not his sister-in-law - I don't care if he has a thing for her, she's happy with his brother, dang 'em).
[/quote]interest play more into how strong chemistry is  than Maxis would like us to think  Tongue if a sim has ni=othing in common with another sim interest wise they arent going to have much to Talk about thats for sure. and just like with people nothing kicks a sim relationship down hill faster than boredom . out side of cheating that is

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 01, 08:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! Maybe Bangelnuts is on to something here. I will check their interests next time.

It is good to know that I am not the only one that is confused by this. I do kind of like the unpredictableness of it all. I like it when my sims usurp my authority, makes it more interesting to play if I don't know what is going to happen next.

INTJ
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 02, 02:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! Maybe Bangelnuts is on to something here. I will check their interests next time.

It is good to know that I am not the only one that is confused by this. I do kind of like the unpredictableness of it all. I like it when my sims usurp my authority, makes it more interesting to play if I don't know what is going to happen next.
My Sim Bella Goth is a good example of unpredictable .Her long time bed buddy is the father to all of Bella's Numerous children except of Course Cassandra and Alexander Goth  her Children By Mortimer  Goth, Bella in case Most here dont Know is a Romance Sim .I cloned her From Pleasant View using Sim PE  so she is an exact duplicate of The real Bella Goth. she is engaged to the father of her kids, who is also a romance sim. however she has stronger chemistry with her children half brother. i suspect they have more common interests than she  does with her fiancee which she  cant marry because old Mortimer  is still  alive

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 02, 02:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's something weird.  I just loaded Strangetown for the first time since getting NL, and I couldn't understand why Johnny and Ophelia had NO chemistry at all, not even negative chemistry.  They are married with 3 kids!  I would get them to scope the room and they'd shrug their shoulders.  I'd have them check each other out and they'd shrug and say "Eh."  I changed zodiac signs (Aries and cancer repel) and changed Johnny's aspiration to match hers (Popularity + Family = Bad), and still nothing.  Finally I checked their gender prefs with InSim, and Johnny was -900 something for females and 900 something for males, and Ophelia was the opposite!  I remembered that I had set their gender prefs in SimPE when Quaxi had the version that had the prefs backwards, and that's why they had no chemistry.  Once I corrected their gender prefs (thanks to InSim letting you do it in game now), they suddenly had 3 bolts.  So I don't know if this will help anyone else, but check your sims gender prefs if you're not getting any chemistry, especially if you messed with them with that one version of SimPE.  I can't remember what number it was, but it was right after the new graphical version came out.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 02, 03:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's something weird.  I just loaded Strangetown for the first time since getting NL, and I couldn't understand why Johnny and Ophelia had NO chemistry at all, not even negative chemistry.  They are married with 3 kids!  I would get them to scope the room and they'd shrug their shoulders.  I'd have them check each other out and they'd shrug and say "Eh."  I changed zodiac signs (Aries and cancer repel) and changed Johnny's aspiration to match hers (Popularity + Family = Bad), and still nothing.  Finally I checked their gender prefs with InSim, and Johnny was -900 something for females and 900 something for males, and Ophelia was the opposite!  I remembered that I had set their gender prefs in SimPE when Quaxi had the version that had the prefs backwards, and that's why they had no chemistry.  Once I corrected their gender prefs (thanks to InSim letting you do it in game now), they suddenly had 3 bolts.  So I don't know if this will help anyone else, but check your sims gender prefs if you're not getting any chemistry, especially if you messed with them with that one version of SimPE.  I can't remember what number it was, but it was right after the new graphical version came out.
interesting

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: