More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 07:29:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Glitch or operator error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glitch or operator error?  (Read 3209 times)
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Glitch or operator error?
« on: 2005 October 28, 18:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On my Legacy house I used moveobjects on to place tiles beyond the front sidewalk and beneath the mailbox.  I honestly can't remember if the problem started before or after the new decor but my mailman comes every few days and gets stuck in a continous loop of putting the mail in the mailbox. 

I deleted the tile beneath the mailbox and a few tiles surrounding but the glitch still happens everytime he comes to the lot.  I've tried using the testingcheats to debug him and with no results from that either I now just accept the fact that I will delete him after he gives me the bills the first time.

I just didn't know if it was due to my attractive but maybe poor design or a bugged NPC.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Glitch or operator error?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 28, 18:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You deleted by mistake some portals - so it seems.

There is a hack fixing the missing portals by Crammyboy. May be it will help. I uploaded it here for you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 28, 18:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used his fix before when my carpools disappeared on another lot.  This glitch isn't vehicle related.  Cars, school buses, deliveries all come and go as it's intended and stop at the proper portals.  It's just the mailman only. 

I will go back and read Crammyboy's description since last time I downloaded it I was using it for a different application.

Thank you for the link.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 29, 17:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had awful problems with the mailperson not collecting mail so bills weren't being paid, but once I installed NL plus the patch, it seems to have gone for good.  I think it's all partly because there are too many sims walking through that section of the walkway - the maid has just arrived etc.  If they'd made the mail delivery at a different time, I think it would have been less buggy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 29, 18:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen at the Dreamer house and I didn't do anything at the street.  I was at triple speed and the mail person got stuck in a loop and it happens every day that she comes now.  I have the InSIMinator and I delete her every day after she does the cycle once and I always get the mail and coupons.  It is annoying but I think it is"just one of those things" I don't think you did anything wrong it just happened.  In my case,I hadn't even decorated the house yet let alone the yard.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 29, 18:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have NL yet?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: