More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 18:48:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does your sim want to die?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does your sim want to die?  (Read 10073 times)
carol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Does your sim want to die?
« on: 2005 October 22, 02:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting this message over and over whenever I enter a house. If I click no, it just pops back up again. I tried entering houses pre Nightlife and same thing happens. It happens to every sim I have, even new ones.

I've run clean installer about three times and nothing shows up. It didn't happen as soon as I installed nightlife, this is something new. I've deleted all my recent downloads.  I installed  the patch and it still keeps happening.

Any ideas? I can't play the game at all.

Thanks!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: Does your sim want to die?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 22, 02:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

remove your entire downloads folder and see if that fixes it.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 22, 02:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I've seen that message is with the InSIMinator - is that among your downloads?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
carol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 22, 02:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have  InSIMinator. Could that be it?
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 22, 02:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the message....does your sim want to die? I have never heard of that.  sarcastic me says  ..yes I just spent 30 minutes making him just so I can enter this here house for you to kill him.   

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 22, 02:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a surprise for you: all the versions of the InSimenator cause troubles, except...the very first version, made for TS2!
I use this version (dest) from TS2, and until now (NL including) - no troubles at all. I use the very first version, because it gives me for Best Friends 78/78, and in the EP version I get only 69/69.

You can try it, if you want.

[attachment deleted by admin]
carol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 22, 02:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what it says and it has a little pic of the sim in the box. After clicking no about 30 times in a row just trying to exit the game I did click yes and he died.

The grim reaper came in and there was a message that no one lived there.

Gail, I believe I have the oldest version too but I think I'll just remove it and see what happens. I'll try anything at this point. If I redownload, which version should I try if this is the problem?
carol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 22, 02:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, thank you for the link!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 22, 06:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had this with or without the Inseminator.  I always update whenever Eric updates and I have the absolute latest one on now (the latest NL version).  No problems with it whatsoever.  It can cause problems if it's in a sub-folder though, it needs to be in the root Downloads folder to work properly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 22, 10:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had this with or without the Inseminator.  I always update whenever Eric updates and I have the absolute latest one on now (the latest NL version).  No problems with it whatsoever.  It can cause problems if it's in a sub-folder though, it needs to be in the root Downloads folder to work properly.

I didn't know that! What kind of problems does it have when it's in a subfolder? I keep all my hacks in a hack folder, including the Inseminator. Tongue
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 22, 13:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, but sometimes I see a modder trying to outwit himself. When at the beginning all was simple and "small" - you enjoyed it and it didn't cause troubles in your game. When it began to grow and begin to be  "big" - new features were added, which may be weren't tested enough, and now the mod causes troubles, clashing with another mods.

For instance - the 0.48c SimPe. The first versions were simple, and friendly to the user. When the NL version was issued - many many options were added (which I even don't use), the frame was changed to be clumsy one, which freezes almost all the time, especially when I wanted to check the relationships with other sims, or check the memories.
Very pompous issue, which forced me to return to the old Enhanser, and give up the "sophisticated" and "professional" new SimPe version, which frustrated me quite a lot.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 22, 13:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Inseminator thing seems to be evil. Most of the time I read a thread complaining about something in the game, it's because of it. I will sure never install it.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 22, 15:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Inseminator thing seems to be evil. Most of the time I read a thread complaining about something in the game, it's because of it.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has noticed this.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 22, 16:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Inseminator thing seems to be evil. Most of the time I read a thread complaining about something in the game, it's because of it. I will sure never install it.

It's only evil if you use it for evil.

The message is "Does this sim want to die?"

Instant gratification takes too long.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 22, 17:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack! Specifics, please!

This is the first time I've had the Inseminator in my game since, I don't know, waaaaay back. It's really too much of a God mod for me, but until the mods I really miss are updated for NL, Insem takes the edge off some of the more annoying behaviors in the game. Nice to be able to patch relationship scores in-game after a misguided slapfest. Haven't had any issues with it, so far, but I don't use very many of the features.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 22, 21:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the InSiminator, and though I don't use it often (way too easy cheat takes the fun from the game for me) it's nice to have it there just in case.
Mostly I use it to refresh wants, though I've also used it to adjust age durations, age down townies, edit nanny personality so they are a little useful, or lower the motives of unwanted visitors so they'll leave.

I did have it in a subfolder and clicking on a sim would give you a half dozen suicide options which I often accidentally clicked. I don't quit without saving, so if the reaper wins...
I killed a single mother of 5 toddlers this way in a town with no other characters, nobody was old enough to plead, and though I quickly grew the eldest up, he aged just in time to watch his mom die...you get the picture. It worked out though - he had a tantrum wanting to grow up which seemed apt as he was suddenly the 'head of the household' but couldn't do anything to help his brothers.

I discovered somehow that it worked wonderfully in the downloads folder though.

sorry, this doesn't help you much. Perhaps you could use Inge's shrub to teleport him to another lot, move him in, then have him 'find own place'?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 22, 22:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main features of the Inseminator I use are the relationship adjusters. I can quickly clear the red heart or pink heart flags of a sim without having the relationship level drop. Very handy when I have one sim age up to adult and have an ex-love remain a teen. Avoids awkward teen-adult slapfests. And the relationship decay switch is nice, too. And the family tree adjuster. It just saves me having to exit the game to edit certain things in simpe. I haven't had any problems at all with the NL version.
carol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 24, 17:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone for your help.

Removing Inseminator did the trick.  I haven't  installed the new one or tried installing the old one yet. But it most definitely was Inseminator causing the problem.
Ferretlance
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 24, 17:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[size=120pt]MABYE HE WANTS TO DIE IN A CAR CRASH LIKE FERRETFAG #WHATEVER LOL IT'S SO FUNNY HE'S DEID!!!!! LOL LOL LOL !!!@@@!!![/size]

I  Found My Siggy!!!
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 24, 18:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love my insimenator,  I have the latest(dest) version.
 I just found out after having it all this time, that there is a button on there where you can stop relationship detioration.    Now, I never get that stupid row of pop-up thingyies that said "so, and so is not longer a friend"   

I use to get about 10 of them at a time, when I was real busy doing something else.  I was always screaming at the computer,  I don't give a big flying F.  who is not their friend, just get them damn pop-up things out of the way so I can see the rest of the screen.   I hated them.

I only get the does this sim want to die message if I click on suicide by whatever means I choose, that is a conformation message to make sure that you didn't accidentally hit it and kill some poor sim that you wanted to keep. 
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 25, 03:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[size=120pt]MABYE HE WANTS TO DIE IN A CAR CRASH LIKE FERRETFAG #WHATEVER LOL IT'S SO FUNNY HE'S DEID!!!!! LOL LOL LOL !!!@@@!!![/size]

Another useful and enlightening comment Huh  Now that is stupid...I had to quote him to read the comment.... Roll Eyes

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 25, 03:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this person even has a special status: Retardo Lander. Gives them more importance. They don't even deserve it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: