More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 11:52:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Where the heck are all the girls/women?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where the heck are all the girls/women?  (Read 4749 times)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Where the heck are all the girls/women?
« on: 2008 January 10, 14:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got back to playing my sims, due to computer issues and other things going on, and so I decided to start with Strangetown.  I promised myself NOT to creat any sims cause goodness knows the game provides more than enough....but man trying to find mates for everybody is giving me fits. I had the
gypsy come (which I normally don't even bother with but I was desperate) and any way for $3000 bucks she sent me the freaking cow mascot for one of the Curious.  Needless to say I sent the sucker back....NO thank you....I hate when it comes around when I'm "suck" in Boring Land, I mean University. Also to add insult to injury all the babies I've had born are all boys except for one girl I finally had yesterday.....I guess I shouldn't complain as I've actually been able to play the darn game  but still....sheesh.

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Where the heck are all the girls/women?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 10, 16:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes the random number generator gives you streaks of one sex. I get it from time to time. My largest streak was ten girls in a row.

As for women in Strangetown, mind I deleted the base 'hoods about a month into playing the game, but I seem to recall there being very few playable women in that 'hood.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 10, 17:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you didn't get rid of the neighborhood townies, Lazlo is already in love with townie Crystal Vu.  Also, there's a household in the bin with 4 single females (aptly called The Singles household).  One is the sister of Loki Beaker, and two are the daughters of PT#9 Smith (also half-sibling with the Curious brothers, though that's not reflected accurately -- I always fix it before playing Strangetown).

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Toast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 10, 20:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you gotta be careful about that, because to the casual observer it seems like Vidcund and Pascal Curious could be hooked up with the two alien chicks... but they're actually their half-sisters, which isn't properly reflected in the relationship panel. Bleh. Of course, if you don't care about pixel incest, fire away!

Personally, I think the cow mascot is the perfect mate for Vidcund and would definitely have sent them on the date.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 11, 03:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well normally this isn't a problem cause I usually create what ever people I need...I'm trying really hard not to do this...I never manage to play them past 2nd generation cause I either lose interest or something , like a new ep, comes out and  I'll start over with a new hood....I'm takng a different approach this time.  I went and got twojeffs  crystal ball and it gave me some ya's for two of the Curious and they had 3 bolts for each other so I guess I complained too soon. I did unfornately have to get one though Uni....ugh.....cause I had sent her, unknowing that she would have a future romance with Vichund (?),  and  as far as the singles I had them paired up already....that was pretty easy....and pretty much any "aliens" I have I usually pair them up with someone who isn't, just it case they happened to be related.

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 11, 03:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it makes me really mad that all the aliens in strangetown are related. So I made them unrelated. No parents/grandparents, no problem! A much better setup, makes the singles aliens useful.

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 11, 03:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it makes me really mad that all the aliens in strangetown are related. So I made them unrelated. No parents/grandparents, no problem! A much better setup, makes the singles aliens useful.

I hear you on that but I'm not brave enough to go mucking around with that kind of stuff....so I just suffer mostly silently....weren't "they" suppose to fix that issue in one of the eps? I thought I vaguely remember hearing/reading about something to that effect....then again maybe not. I guess it's just one more issue...I mean feature of this game.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 11, 03:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They messed with whether alien children born as the result of an abduction would be considered relatives, from having the pollination tech as a parent. But the strangetown aliens were not changed.

MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 11, 21:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear you on that but I'm not brave enough to go mucking around with that kind of stuff....so I just suffer mostly silently....weren't "they" suppose to fix that issue in one of the eps? I thought I vaguely remember hearing/reading about something to that effect....then again maybe not. I guess it's just one more issue...I mean feature of this game.

I think it was after Nightlife but before Pets, there were two pollinations technicians so all alien children wouldn't be related (and half aliens could get abducted and be impregnated).  But it got switched back to just one.

I managed to have one sim (half alien) be abducted (without cheating--and I didn't know about the pollinator issue) while there were two.  So his son is very alien (and I'm so happy).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: