More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:07:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sectional booth seats at home have some serious issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sectional booth seats at home have some serious issues  (Read 3966 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Sectional booth seats at home have some serious issues
« on: 2005 October 17, 18:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone putting sectionals at home? I have. The chairs don't push in because they are so big I guess and the sims complain like hell when trying to serve on them, even if it's just a corner one where two of the side of the table are open. Funny thing is, after they stop complaining, they'll grab their plate sit down on the sectional and place it on the sectional and eat. :p

It seems like it was set up for the restaurant way of serving where the plate just magically appears on the table from the servers hand, maybe they were having troubles with the animations or the sims complaining about the seat of the sectional blocking the spot to place the plate on the table like they do at home.

I wonder why they even bothered enabling them for residential lots because they are pretty much unusable as dining seats. I guess you could use them as a corner sofa sectional or something but they look more like dining booths anyhow. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Sectional booth seats at home have some serious issues
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 17, 19:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried them once but ran into a problem that I'm thinking was with the first NL version of the no autonomous napping mod by TwoJeffs (mod has since been fixed).  When I'd have my sim get an espresso, they'd sit down in the booth and jump back up.  At any rate, I haven't tried it since.

I did, however, notice a very funny thing with a sim that was on a date.  He took her to a restaurant with booths, the booths seat four.  He got in first on the outside edge and she dove right over the top of him to get on the inside!  Shocked

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 17, 19:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had made a retirement home for the eldery sims to wait to die enjoy their golden years. I tried making the kitchen area look like a restaurant with the booths. I had the same problems. Sims would throw hissy fits and then sit down and eat their food. They could not (nor could the maid) clean up from the table. I played with arranging the seats in different ways around the table and then finally got frustrated and deleted the whole damn thing.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 17, 19:19:39 by simmiecal » Logged
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 17, 19:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the booths dont seem to work with regular tables, they have to be tables of the NL variety
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 17, 20:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't work with any tables, even the NL ones. Those were actually the first ones I tried because I thought maybe there was something special about them to work with the sectionals but no dice.

If you hand place a plate on the center of the table yourself they can reach it, but it seems that the auto placing the plates on the four sides like they normally do when serving does not work. They however grab a plate from the serving dish and sit down and then once they are sitting place the plate down on its proper spot. But then they won't be able to clean up that dish and you'll have to grab it for them and put it on the floor or another table.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 17, 22:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, however, notice a very funny thing with a sim that was on a date.  He took her to a restaurant with booths, the booths seat four.  He got in first on the outside edge and she dove right over the top of him to get on the inside!

When mine was on a date with booths, the lady sat down first and he sat on the other side, looked around innocently, scooted a ways around, looked around sneakily and scooted some more around until he was next to her (on the inside). It was very cute - once. Took a bit, so probably would be annoying if I was in a hurry to get the date meter up.

I can't make the sectionals work either - not with any table whatsoever - on any residential lot. I tried hard, as I wanted booths on one residential uni lot (ok was probably a silly idea, but I wanted them). The sims all whined even if they're sitting down with a plate of food taken from the serving table. A specific kind of "no whining" hack would help, as they can eat there if they'll just do it, but it doesn't fix the clean up thing...

Unsouper
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 17, 22:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sort of forcing it by letting them whine about 4 or so times until they finally sit down. I still have to manually take the dishes off the table when they are done though. I do need a hack that keeps them from complaining and whining about the sectional though. Inge's hack just keeps them from complaining about needs so much. I guess no route fail would help so I'll probably have to put that in if I can stand putting up with it.  Angry I'm also not certain if the noroutefail hacks even work with NL. hmm.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 18, 00:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you brought this up. I was playing around with those booths in one of the small downtown houses yesterday and finally got frustrated and deleted them. Shame, too, because it was the perfect arrangement for such a tiny house! But my sims were doing the same thing. Complaining about 3 times each before actually sitting down and eating, then getting up and complaining that they couldn't clear the plate. Obviously they are capable of sitting there and eating, so I don't see what the problem is. I would really like to use those sectionals, though!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: