More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 09:07:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weird BV Neighborhood View
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird BV Neighborhood View  (Read 5198 times)
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Weird BV Neighborhood View
« on: 2007 September 21, 01:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched and could not find that anybody had posted anything like this.  When I go to a vacation neighborhood, the houses and hotels and such are either in the middle of the street or in the water.  How can I fix this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Weird BV Neighborhood View
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 21, 01:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pick them up with the hand tool and put them in the street?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 21, 01:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try that, but I guess I was just more curious as to why they are like that.  My other neighborhood views are all okay.
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 23, 07:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just the neighborhood view.  I sent a Sim on vacation for the first time, and the lot she was supposed to visit had streets where there should have been grass, plus she just got stuck in Arrive and never showed up on the lot, plus the one visitor to the lot who was already there just ran around in circles by the telephone.  I have since read somewhere that the telephone hack might be affecting some things, so I disabled them.  I have not played since I disabled that. 

I am also getting an error that generates this log:

Object id: 107
name: Wants - Controller
Stack size: 7
Error: Attribute number out of range.
Iterations: 0
  Frame 6:
    Stack Object id: 107
    Stack Object name: Wants - Controller
    Node: 8
    Tree: id 666 name 'Social - Get Social Eligibility' version -32755
    from global
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 51 107 107 107    Locals:

I choose delete and the game continues, but something ain't right. 

Anybody have any ideas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 23, 07:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFBVFS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 23, 07:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which means uninstall and reinstall, or just uninstall and use the damned BV CDs for frisbees?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 23, 07:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue. Never seen this before.

arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Weird BV Neighborhood View - update
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 25, 15:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I uninstalled and reinstalled BV, which fixed the view problems.  Now I have a new problem.  I moved collections and downloads folder to desktop before I did the reinstallation, then moved them back after installing, but now some of my custom collections are empty.  They still have the proper icon, but don't show any items.  It seems to be random, because some of the custom collections are okay, but others are not.  What did I do wrong?  More importantly, how can I fix this?  I have 175 collection files.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Weird BV Neighborhood View - update
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 25, 20:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I uninstalled and reinstalled BV, which fixed the view problems.  Now I have a new problem.  I moved collections and downloads folder to desktop before I did the reinstallation, then moved them back after installing, but now some of my custom collections are empty.  They still have the proper icon, but don't show any items.  It seems to be random, because some of the custom collections are okay, but others are not.  What did I do wrong?  More importantly, how can I fix this?  I have 175 collection files.

Did you re-enable custom content?  I've noticed before that things don't show up in Collections when I've had the cc out of the game but the items reappear when cc is put back in.

Inteen for AL, yay!
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 25, 22:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I re-enabled CC.  Some of the custom collections still contain the items, but some have lost them.  I was wondering if there was a quick fix or if I just have to re-do them.  I thought I had read somewhere on here about downloads/collections folders should not be read only - dunno if I am remembering correctly or not, though.  I uncheck the box for read only and apply, but the very next time I go in the folder, it's checked read only again.  It's not really a major problem with the collections, just an annoyance.  At least my Sims can go on vacation now, and the streets are not in water and the houses are not in the ocean and no concrete where there should be grass.  So I am happy for small things.  Wink
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Weird BV Neighborhood View/CC Problem - FIXED! :)
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 26, 18:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I read on another forum something to try ...

I took out collections and downloads folders again, went into the game, re-enabled custom content (which was already enabled), then closed the game.  Then I put my downloads folder back in, and only the custom content collection .packages into the collections folder which the game had recreated and now I am loving Bon Voyage!  I sent my only created Sim on vacation at her new beach house she bought, and so far everything is working perfectly (knock on wood).  The only hacks I am using are the MATY ones recommended here, but I will add a few back at a time and see how things go.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: