More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 12:26:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd vamp behaviour
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd vamp behaviour  (Read 4391 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Odd vamp behaviour
« on: 2005 October 15, 10:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my vampires turned up to a daytime birthday party - I wasn't looking at who I was inviting, just clicked all the little friend faces.

She chatted a while on the verandah, then started steaming. Then stopped steaming. About 30 sim minutes later she announced via popup that we had invited her to stay the night but then not provided her with a bed.

She left and a message popped up in the corner saying she had to flee the sun. Very odd.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Odd vamp behaviour
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 15, 11:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an elder complain about spending the night at a birthday party once. He wasn't a vampire though. It was pre-NL.

Maybe it's just some general birthday party bug.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 15, 14:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had this "You invited me to stay the night" problem - well, since Uni when I started having graduation parties, never had parties before that.

As for the vamps, they behave like that in my game sometimes.  I had two dormies made into vamps and they were about to eat when 7 am rolled round.  They ate the entire meal and didn't start steaming until they stopped eating. 

The following day, one of the dormies took an empty space in a dorm.  The game still insists on sending her to "sleep" at 10.30 every night and sometimes she stays there for two days.  When she comes out it's always at 7 am or a bit later and her stats drop considerably as soon as she comes out of her room.  She nearly always goes straight to the swingset, occasionally to eat and sometimes is sent to class.  After a few minutes, she screams about the sun and runs off.  Seconds later she's back with her stats reset to repeat the process.  She does this over and over until sunset.  I would have thought the game would have altered her so she was awake during the night and stood in her room all day, but obviously not.  The ridiculous thing is that the majority of the other dormies are awake all night.

Then, of course, there are the vamps who phone my Sims during the day, but complain if you phone them back.  Little details like this are what spoil the game in my opinion.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 15, 15:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then, of course, there are the vamps who phone my Sims during the day, but complain if you phone them back.  Little details like this are what spoil the game in my opinion.

I haven't had any vampdormies yet, but this seems to be very annoying! Also the phonecalling by vamps is unacceptable, I mean they knew vey well vampires can't be bothered to be called by day because they made it so sims can call vamps any hour of the night, so why do vamps still call sims randomly at daytime?! Sad I was very dissapointed when I had this happen in my game.

Undecided

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 15, 16:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten that message at parties even before uni. Funny thing is, when I actually do invite them to stay the night and don't let them sleep I don't get that message, they just show the desperation bubble for energy with the bed in red and say "bye".  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 15, 19:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started getting that message since I installed NL. For me, it has only happened when an adult sim has been at the house sometime after 11pm. They used to just say bye and leave when their needs got too low. Now, I  get this stupid message popping up - and these are sims that I haven't asked to stay the night - just visitors that were hanging around late.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 15, 23:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the message was triggered by her low motives, though I wasn't seeing the steaming visuals. I have occasionally seen that message before, though like Motoki I haven't asked sims to stay the night. I did ask once or twice when I first got the game but soon realised visitor sims never went to bed normally anyway. Pity really, kids & teens in RL like to have friends to stay overnight.

The vamp dormies sound really screwed Ancient sim, many of my dormies are nocturnal already like yours, yet the vamp is probably so low on motives by 7pm it won't have recovered to join in the nighttime dorm activities.

The phone calls from vamps in the day annoy me too. It detracts from the logic. If the game knows which sims should be at work or in their coffins, then they shouldn't be able to ring. Sims who are supposed to be at work should not be downtown either.

Edit: Hey Ancient Sim, have you tried putting coffins in the vamp dormie bedrooms?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 16, 11:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone calls from vamps in the day annoy me too. It detracts from the logic. If the game knows which sims should be at work or in their coffins, then they shouldn't be able to ring. Sims who are supposed to be at work should not be downtown either.
Noted. I will memo this matter to be investigated in the phone hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 16, 23:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you JM.

Pages: [1] Print