More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 06:20:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apparently, My Sims Can't Drown in the Ocean (Image Laden)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apparently, My Sims Can't Drown in the Ocean (Image Laden)  (Read 15464 times)
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Apparently, My Sims Can't Drown in the Ocean (Image Laden)
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 07, 23:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should start a poll - how many other players named their test families 'Traveller' or Traveler'.
*witch puts hand up

Yes.  In fact, EA named the new premade family "Traveller" to spare us the inconvenience of opening CAS.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 07, 23:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh shit. Now I feel like a right dick. I never even bothered to glance at the EAxis premade sims.  Embarrassed

I feel even more embarrassed that I named my family the same name as theirs.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Singularity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 08, 00:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now my question: Has anyone been able to kill a sim in the ocean (or on vacation in general)?  Just for completeness, let it be known that I am running all EPs and SPs with all patches and no custom content (including hacks).  The entire family was in energy aspiration failure for about 36 hours each, and all motives (aside from bladder and environment) were fully red for about a day.

I just want to drown some premade sims, is that too much to ask?

Lucky for you guys, it's Friday night and I'm bored. Smiley This is a quick hack job, so please let me know if something needs fixing.  In the motive failure functions for Energy and Hunger, as well as another separate function, I simply changed the comm. lot checks to go to the right place whether they return true or false.  In my quick testing, sims could pass out, starve to death, and drown in the pool as a result of energy failure.  I don't know if Servos could recharge on Comm. Lots before, but... well... they can now. Tongue Kids can pass out, but still can't starve (I think that's standard Eaxian behavior).  However, the Social Worker will not show up on Comm. Lots, apparently.  I haven't tested Vampires, but I imagine they'd die from sunlight before passing out or starving to death. (Okay, so I was too lazy to attach a Downtown to my test hood. Sue me.)  Most importantly, I don't have BV yet and probably won't get it for quite a while, so I'll need somebody to test and see if this works on vacation lots and beaches.

* nocommprotect.package (1.85 KB - downloaded 159 times.)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 08, 01:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should start a poll - how many other players named their test families 'Traveller' or Traveler'.
*witch puts hand up

Yes.  In fact, EA named the new premade family "Traveller" to spare us the inconvenience of opening CAS.
I saw them and the new Maxis craptastic binned lots and couldn't hit delete enough. Is it just me, or have they gotten 20 times worse at roof design? A lot of the lots in this expansion look like they belong in Sims1.

My test family is the Lyons. I randomize everything on Hook's RandomStuff widget. Names, aspirations, turn ons/offs (which I'll have to update again), individual personality points, face template base, eye color (I have 15 geneticized eye-colors), skin tone (about 23 of those), of course sex, life stage, and ..if the first roll.. number of sims in family.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 08, 06:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have BV yet and probably won't get it for quite a while, so I'll need somebody to test and see if this works on vacation lots and beaches.

I'm on it.  Grin

ETA: Yes, it works with BV. I had a Sim starve in Three Lakes (on a comm lot) and had the same Sim drown in the ocean in Twikkii Island. Interestingly enough, his wife swam out into the ocean to 'cry for him,' but once she swam out there, the 'Cry Softly' action disappeared. Grim appeared on the beach itself to dispose of the body (whose hair disappeared at his death, but whose body was gently wafting with the waves). I saw that even the tour guide himself donned a pair of swimming trunks to sigh over the Sim's demise.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 08, 06:48:18 by Denimjo » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 08, 12:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucky for you guys, it's Friday night and I'm bored. Smiley This is a quick hack job, so please let me know if something needs fixing.  In the motive failure functions for Energy and Hunger, as well as another separate function, I simply changed the comm. lot checks to go to the right place whether they return true or false.  In my quick testing, sims could pass out, starve to death, and drown in the pool as a result of energy failure.  I don't know if Servos could recharge on Comm. Lots before, but... well... they can now. Tongue Kids can pass out, but still can't starve (I think that's standard Eaxian behavior).  However, the Social Worker will not show up on Comm. Lots, apparently.  I haven't tested Vampires, but I imagine they'd die from sunlight before passing out or starving to death. (Okay, so I was too lazy to attach a Downtown to my test hood. Sue me.)  Most importantly, I don't have BV yet and probably won't get it for quite a while, so I'll need somebody to test and see if this works on vacation lots and beaches.

Nice job!  As Denimjo said, it does work, and the Grim appearance actually works out well.  You should post this in Peasantry.   
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: