More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 03:35:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hats, anyone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hats, anyone?  (Read 4196 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Hats, anyone?
« on: 2005 October 13, 02:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Egads!  Since NL I've actually started putting hats on some of my sims and I just realized the selection is absolutely beyond pathetic!  Shocked

So, I decided to take a gander through some of my favorite sim sites to see what I can find and I'm not having the best luck.  Parsimonious has some really nice lady's hats but I'm looking for men's hats right now.  Does anyone know of anyplace with good hats?

Thank you!

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Hats, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 13, 02:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like the hats because it insists on changing their hairstyle to something totally different.  We should be able to just add a hat to their normal hairstyle.  Anyway, I hate hats so the majority of my Sims don't wear them.  I've given them to a couple of teens since I installed NL, plus one male adult as his girlfriend likes them, but that's it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 13, 02:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finding good mens stuff in general is always rare. Sims is a woman's world.  Tongue

At least NL adds cute new toddler hats, too bad we have to resort to hacks to be able to change our toddlers appearances though.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 13, 02:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been nosing around for mens hats. Most of what I've found have been recolors. There's a few of those on All About Style:

http://www.all-about-style.com/hats.html

Someone on MTS2 did the bandanas for toddlers, children and teens:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=744897

And not a hat per say, but Sussi Friberg has some male old wig type hairstyles:

http://www.sussissogoodsims.com/hairstyles2.htm

*edit: Found another Medieval hat on MTS2:

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=72184

Not much I know. Sad

What sort of hats are you looking for Misty?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 13, 06:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, thanks so much!  Outside of MTS2 I've been to none of those sites listed, so that's a great help.

Yep, I know when it comes to fashion Sims are like Barbie dolls.  Barbie gets all the cool accessories--Ken included! Wink

Ancient Sim, I realized after installing NL that the reason none of my sims ever wear hats is because there just aren't that many good ones, especially for the men!  Where're the fedoras?  Even bowler hats would be better than 90% of the hats in there!  Shocked

nenechell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 13, 07:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can see on the All about Style site...  they have several women's hats that are actually glasses.  What a clever way to put a hat on with any hairstyle.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 13, 07:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking through their site now and downloading a few things (so much for getting to bed 'early'.  I guess it'll be early morning at the rate I'm going!).  They have awesome stuff!  Rare are the times when I can find quality that rivals my daughter's, and this is one of the few sites that does--might even be a bit better than hers. Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: