More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 17:03:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Upset relatives
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Upset relatives  (Read 8206 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Upset relatives
« on: 2007 July 08, 13:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal for distant relatives of your lover to hate you when they see you on a date with someone else?  (My play style doesn't usually result in distant relatives.)
Specifically, Sim A (romance) is "going steady" (left over from when they were teens, thanks to twojeffs) with Sim B (knowledge).  Sim A is on a date with random sim on a community lot, when Sim B's second cousin (family) walks by and starts complaining; no furiousness or slapping, just general relationship hit.
Since all my sims now have at least four cousins, and I have very few townies, this might get to be a problem; just about anyone they run into is likely to be a relative of someone they've been involved with.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Upset relatives
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 08, 13:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the Romance Mod? There was a related (hah) thread just recently (involving closer relatives than this) and Pescado asserted that it was supposed to fix the "zomg you are cheating on my relative!!!11eleven" reaction.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 08, 13:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant to include that.  I have the whole Director's Cut, and no thing else that severely affects romance.
I'll go look in the romance mod thread.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 08, 15:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that exists a "date jealousy" aside the standard jealousy, with its indipendent settings. I don't know, though, if and how it's handled in jealousy mods.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 08, 15:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was nice enough another time when a family sim's sister was the one who reacted (she was also a family sim).  Siblings seem close enough to react, but cousins seems silly, especially since they were just going steady; I could accept it if they were married or at least engaged.  I have a lot of cousins, and I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if I saw their childhood sweetheart going out with someone else.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 08, 19:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure that was a second cousin?  Because second cousins don't register as family.  I've had them date and even marry (ok, you can think that's gross, but it sure helps the size of the neighborhood.)  Maybe it was disapproval of a PDA, or a perception that someone was cheating on someone else ( a mutual relative?) 

First cousins *would* get upset.  And the "going steady" thing is an issue, one reason I don't have that mod.  In fact, if Sim B dies and Sim A married, her first cousin would *still* get upset if he saw a PDA.  The romance mod is supposed to nuke this.

PB

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 08, 19:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, sorry.  I meant first cousin.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 08, 20:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romance mod, btw, doesn't have a thread that I can find.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 08, 20:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I noticed.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 09, 04:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default Maxis behavior is completely farkled, as I've seen unexplainable results where someone goes ballistic over two TOTAL STRANGERS that they don't know. Other fucked up cases include behaviors where children starting hating their parents anytime their parents interact: Not even step-parents, mind you, which seemed explainable, albeit utterly dysfunctional, but their own, natural parents who have been married and living together since the beginning!
« Last Edit: 2007 July 09, 05:04:58 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 09, 05:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew someone who had a Sim who'd been adopted by a gay couple, and pitched a fit (relationship hit toward the half of the couple who was not the guy who'd called to adopt him, no slapping or anything) whenever the pair interacted romantically. Can't remember if they were in a joined union or just shacked up, but I don't think the adopting parent had any other romantic interests before that, and the two were definitely already at least shacked up before the adoption. She turned it into storyline, though, and gave the kid a lot of entertaining drama when he grew up.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 09, 07:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default Maxis behavior is completely farkled, as I've seen unexplainable results where someone goes ballistic over two TOTAL STRANGERS that they don't know.

Probably it involves gossips; if e.g. Sim A gossips Sim B about Sim C cheating, C is not a total stranger anymore, and the result will be that Sim B will act like it were a direct witness of Sim C cheat.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 09, 10:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is broken! Sad

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 09, 10:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably it involves gossips; if e.g. Sim A gossips Sim B about Sim C cheating, C is not a total stranger anymore, and the result will be that Sim B will act like it were a direct witness of Sim C cheat.
Gossip doesn't work that way, gossip, in fact, does nothing. Furthermore, nobody was cheating on anyone. Sim A simply didn't know EITHER of those sims: He wasn't a relative of them at all!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 09, 15:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that is really odd, yeah.

Anyway, I'm not completely sure that gossips do nothing. I had a sim gossip to another about a third sim (the second didn't meet yet) and that second sim fulfilled a want about meeting new sim.

------
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 10, 04:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not gossip. That's the "badmouth" action, which uses the same animations as gossip, but causes a sim to lose rel with the target sim. Since gaining a relation mark counts as "meeting", that's why you got that.

Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 10, 16:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite "wacky jealousy" moment was the time a sim got mad when she saw her husband's mistress kissing another sim.  Hey, if you can't trust your husband's mistress to be loyal, who can you trust?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 10, 17:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That one just makes my brain hurt.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 10, 20:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not gossip. That's the "badmouth" action, which uses the same animations as gossip, but causes a sim to lose rel with the target sim. Since gaining a relation mark counts as "meeting", that's why you got that.
That's it! Yeah, now it makes sense.

------
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 10, 20:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the kids in Meadow Lawns doesn't like his parents interracting romantically (Philip Jackman).  I think that's because his parents didn't get married until he was toddling and in the gap, mum had another boyfriend.  The boyfriend was certainly there when the kid aged to toddler and I think mum kissed him then.  It looks to me like the kid reckons mum is being unfaithful to the boyfriend.  He's about to grow up and his relationship with his parents isn't good because it keeps taking hits whenever dad isn't too tired.  Amusing, but annoying!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 11, 04:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny or not, this is still seriously fucked up. That said, I'd actually like some more jealousy and spazzing in my game, as jealousy seems to be broken for me. Simming is always an adventure, eh? *sigh* If it's not one problem, it's another.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 11, 04:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the kids in Meadow Lawns doesn't like his parents interracting romantically (Philip Jackman).  I think that's because his parents didn't get married until he was toddling and in the gap, mum had another boyfriend.  The boyfriend was certainly there when the kid aged to toddler and I think mum kissed him then.  It looks to me like the kid reckons mum is being unfaithful to the boyfriend.  He's about to grow up and his relationship with his parents isn't good because it keeps taking hits whenever dad isn't too tired.  Amusing, but annoying!
That makes my brain hurt. They aren't relatives, and he probably doesn't even KNOW this guy. Like I said, the code is simply broken and produces results that can't be explained by any kind of logic.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: