More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 13:32:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another SimPE Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another SimPE Question  (Read 3843 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Another SimPE Question
« on: 2007 June 14, 00:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I should probably ask these types of questions at SimPE or MTS2, but I'm more likely to get an answer here, and frankly I trust MATY a lot more. Is there a way to add/remove things from a sim's inventory via SimPE? I ask because I'm having YET MORE problems with restocking crafted items. Weird things like invisible cheesecakes are appearing in my sims' inventories when they try to stock crafted items, whilst the items that they've made via the crafting stations are disappearing, much to my chagrin. Attempting to delete the weird invisible-cheesecake-type items in-game causes a crash to desktop. I've already decided to stop making/selling/stocking crafted items, but in the meantime I need to get rid of the erroneous objects from inventory. Can this be done? If it can, I'm sure it will be ridiculously easy, like fixing my last problem was; however, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Help please?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
Re: Another SimPE Question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 14, 04:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In SimPE, inventory items appear as memory tokens. They are displayed in green text.

If you break your game by deleting these tokens, don't blame me.   Roll Eyes

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 14, 04:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've recently backed up my 'hood, so I'm not too worried. The worst that will happen is I bork my game and have to restore from the backup. Thanks, H.

Edited to remove edit from this post to a new one. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007 June 14, 04:52:06 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 14, 04:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SimPE memory editor sucks ballsacks as of the .6-on series, possibly earlier, because it is no longer capable of allowing you to identify or edit tokens belonging to unidentified GUIDs. It will just unhelpfully print a ---, without bothering to tell you what the GUID is or offer the option to change it, unlike older editors. It is stupid and it sucks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 14, 04:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not surprisingly, the invisible cheesecake that does not belong in inventory does not show up as a token, or anywhere in SimPE, so I guess nothing can be done about it. Has anybody made any sort of viable fix for the problem of improperly stocked craftable items? Numenor and others made early fixes that were supposedly rendered obsolete by patches, but I've had the same stupid problems since first installing OFB, with and without fixes and patches. All I can say is: WTF?

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 14, 17:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you place these invisible items in the game world (like on a table)?

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 16, 15:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I've already had the thought of clearing them with the stuck objects remover (placing the SOR with the game paused, and then placing the inappropriately inventoried object on the same square using moveObjects on). Alas, simply clicking on the object(s) whilst in inventory causes a crash to desktop. Other things I've found in business owners' inventories include: those little blue skilling plumbobs, something called 'rolling eyeball movement,' and a wall-lamp from the other side of the lot, two stories up. These are only a few examples. Most things can be moved or deleted from within inventory, but not the invisible cheesecake (the tooltip reads 'Cheesecake' when I mouse over what appears to be a blank slot in the sims' inventory). That causes an immediate game-crash just by clicking on it. Grrrr.

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 16, 18:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this in just one lot or all lots? Sounds like something is buggered and needs to be deleted (lot or neighborhood). You've tried running with no hacks installed? Also, you've not messed around in the core game files, right?

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 16, 19:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This time around, it's only Florence Delarosa, but the same things have happened with other sims on other lots (one lot for sure was buggy, though it worked fine after moving the family out and back in, though the stocking of crafted items still went haywire). These things have happened both with and without hacks installed, with and without CC objects on the lots, and it's only the crafted items that ever cause problems. My retail (selling stuff from Buy catalogue only) and service-oriented businesses do just fine, with little to no strange restocking issues, and certainly no invisible cheesecake.

ETA: I have not messed with core game files except to change lighting (I use Spookymuffin's variation of GunMod's radiance lighting system). This is a brand-new merged 'hood made from clean and mostly empty templates. It contains only Maxis playables, and came directly from Peasantry here. I've only been playing it for about a sim-week. The same problems have occurred in other 'hoods, in the past, and ceased once I gave up on selling crafted items.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 16, 19:19:43 by notveryawesome » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: