More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 11:27:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How badly is Seasons gonna screw my game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How badly is Seasons gonna screw my game?  (Read 5031 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
How badly is Seasons gonna screw my game?
« on: 2007 June 14, 04:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figured I'd better ask, after Pets's bug issues and even more annoying installation issues. I swore not to buy Seasons after said install problems, but... I'm going to actually have money soon, and it brings back some things I really liked from TS1 Vacation and Unleashed, so. Yeah.

1. Anything I'll need to do before installing it? (i.e. is it going to wipe out one of my previous EPs the way Pets did?)
2. Do the patches actually *fix* things this time, instead of making it worse the way Pets p1 did?
3. There is no three.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How badly is Seasons gonna screw my game?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 14, 04:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Anything I'll need to do before installing it? (i.e. is it going to wipe out one of my previous EPs the way Pets did?)
Nope, not really. Just the usual, make sure everyone is home from work, or at least didn't drive there in an ownable car.

2. Do the patches actually *fix* things this time, instead of making it worse the way Pets p1 did?
Nope, not really.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 14, 04:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figured I'd better ask, after Pets's bug issues and even more annoying installation issues. I swore not to buy Seasons after said install problems, but... I'm going to actually have money soon, and it brings back some things I really liked from TS1 Vacation and Unleashed, so. Yeah.

3. There is no three.

Seasons is remarkably bug-free, especially compared to Pets.  But wait to get patch #2 until they finish fixing stuff they re-broke after fixing it in patch #1.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 14, 04:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relatively bug-free? EA? You're kidding me. XD Alright, get Sims home from work and don't get patch 2 yet. Got it.
(Does Pets need to be fully patched before I install? I recall something about that being an issue with Nightlife and Uni...)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 14, 04:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Does Pets need to be fully patched before I install? I recall something about that being an issue with Nightlife and Uni...)

Prolly wouldn't hurt.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 14, 04:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the record, Pets P2 has fixed A LOT of problems, and does not seem to have caused any new ones, so I personally would recommend installing it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 14, 05:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons is actually not very buggy, as weird as it feels to say this. No huge, major, game-exploding, sim-killing bugs, except I guess the bugged lightning strikes and the children getting taken away left and right after they jump on the bed for ten seconds. The first can be fun, and the second fixed by hacks... plus supposedly the patch fixes both.

Fail.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 14, 17:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugged lightning strikes? *intrigued*
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 14, 18:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EP5 is great; just make sure your rig is up to running it.

Wouldn't hurt to read the thread about the second Seasons patch.  Forewarned is forearmed, or something like that.

[Edited for specificity]
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 16, 02:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some very minor issues (babies that cry more than they used to, the occasional Sim that catches on fire for no real reason) but nothing that ruined my game beyond all repair. I haven't tried either of the patches yet, so I can't tell you for sure how useful they are.

I sing along with elevator music.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 16, 03:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The major and "showstopper" bugs/regressions are all fixed by various hacks available on this site.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 16, 03:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'd strongly suggest moving all hot tubs under cover, but otherwise, there's not really a lot of bugs. Those testers they hired definitely earned their pay, such as it was.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: