More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 15:18:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  SOLVED! Thankyou :) "The Sims2 Body Shop has stopped working"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SOLVED! Thankyou :) "The Sims2 Body Shop has stopped working"  (Read 8701 times)
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
SOLVED! Thankyou :) "The Sims2 Body Shop has stopped working"
« on: 2007 June 12, 12:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I hope someone might know the answer to this, and if you could help me please, I'd really appreciate this one.

I installed Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets and Seasons all in the correct order on a new PC that easily meets all specs. Installed Seasons patch.

Tried to open bodyshop, and lovely Windows message helpfully tells me that:

"The Sims2 Body Shop has stopped working"

The thing is, it doesn't even begin to load. I've never run the bodyshop before on this PC. So it could have been borkled from the start...

Anyhoo, I uninstall every Sims expansion pack in reverse order.

Then re-installed again, re-patched with Seasons patch.

Same problem.

Looked for this... "Pets bodyshop patch" (?) on EA website, but I was unable to find it in their list of patches. Tried to run the Pets patch, but of course it is up to date already since I have already installed Seasons and the Seasons patch.

No cc in downloads or savedsims folders.

Deleting the cache files in the Sims2 directory did not help.

I love to know what the root problem is and how to fix it, since repeating what I've already done and expecting different results seems a bit stupid.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2007 June 13, 10:42:07 by KnightSkyKyte » Logged

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Please help, "The Sims2 Body Shop has stopped working"
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 12, 14:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a known glitch where Bodyshop stops working after installing Celebrations if you have either Pets or Seasons installed.

I realize this probably isn't your problem (unless you forgot to mention also installing a stuff pack), but it may be the same bug, only now caused by the patch.

In the Celebrations bug, Bodyshop would work if you ran the one that came with the last real EP that you have installed (e.g. Pets, Seasons, etc.).

Try loading Bodyshop from inside the Seasons folder, not by using whatever shortcut you're using. The shortcut may be pointing to the wrong Bodyshop. If it works, you'll need to change your shortcuts to point to the right Bodyshop.

Fail.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Please help, "The Sims2 Body Shop has stopped working"
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 12, 20:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for the suggestion Sara, I'll definitely try that as soon as I get home, and will report back when I find out.... fingers crossed!

*update*

THanks Sara!!!! It worked!!!  Thankyou so much!!!

Now I can make a few things again Smiley

- by the way, no, I had no other packs installed other than what I mentioned Wink

HOORAY! SOLVED!!
« Last Edit: 2007 June 13, 10:40:31 by KnightSkyKyte » Logged

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: