More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 21:30:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Dormie & Townie Anesia
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dormie & Townie Anesia  (Read 3019 times)
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Dormie & Townie Anesia
« on: 2007 June 10, 13:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't the normal CAS Memory wipe Townies usually get when they move into your house, or maybe it is but its happening randomly the townies and NPC,s in my game. For a long time now I've noticed Townies getting new memories for things like Making out or falling in love when I was pretty sure they had already done those things before. I run ACR so it happens a lot when I'm downtown. I was even seeing townies get the memory for falling in love just after catching another sim cheating and they fell out of love. But it was rare and I didn't think too much of it at the time.

This got a lot worse when a sim in my 4th generation started Uni every single time she had woohoo with the same dormie he would get the memory for having Woohoo with her because his memory had been wiped since the last time he was on the lot.. This was happening to dormies that were living in the same dorm as well, but one of them still had the memory of falling in love and having woohoo with the first sim I ever sent to uni. She also owned a business lot downtown, every customer that came would be thinking of going to uni so it was probably there most recent memory and the weird thing is my playable sims that showed up would be thinking of Townies going to uni but obviously they hadn't been mind wiped. The same thing happens to all walk byes at the house as well, there always thinking of college.

When she graduated she got the want to marry a rich sim so I spawned Mr Big in my custom hood (she didn't fulfill the want though  Roll Eyes) now heres a pic of him after a date where he managed to have his first ever woohoo TWICE in one date once in the car at the community lot then again in the hot tub on the same date.. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8002/mrbigdk4.jpg he is new to my neighborhood but there is plenty of missing memories for meeting people and the obvious one is not having the first date memory but he somehow managed a dream date... His memory was somehow erased between leaving the com lot and arriving at the house.

I updated all my FFS and TJ's hacks and it did seem to go for a while, though I was playing a different house at the time. I don't see how that house or even that sim could cause the problem though. It all seemed to happen when she was around though... her Dorm, her business and now her House.. Well I have noticed it happening when I'm playing other houses now as well so that rules her out anyway..

Since this became a real problem in my game I've been running in debug all the time but I have never got an error log, so I cant post one of those sorry.. When I took a look in SimPE at the townies memories I found one teen townie with no memories at all only tokens for eating different food and stuff like that. A alot of the other townies had the usual CAS memories..

This is very random sometimes it happens constantly to all sims that appear on lots and sometimes it will be fine or only effect some townies.. so trying to find out what hack if any is causing this could take a while, Ive already tried taking out any hacks that even remotely effect Memories like the Move in all hack but it didn't help. I played one of my older neighborhoods created in the exact same way the other day and I didn't notice any problems but like I said its random.

Has anybody ever heard of this happening before or know how I can fix it because its driving me insane  Undecided
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Dormie & Townie Anesia
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 10, 13:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The woohoo memories in the pic look normal to me.  First ever woohoo, followed by first woohoo with (sim).  They always get two memories when they lose their virginity - one to remember they lost their virginity, and one to remember woohooing that particular sim.  They also get a "first woohoo with (sim)" memory every time they woohoo a new sim to remember they woohooed that particular sim.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 11, 11:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at the picture again, has he ever met anybody?.. no. So who did he have his first woohoo with? himself? Also how can he roll the want to get married without falling in love first?

I know sims get those 2 memories the first time they do it, the point was he forgot he had already had woohoo in the car at the com lot then got the same memories again at the house. So at some point while the home lot was loading he lost his memories, which could rule out a corrupted Portal or something like that.. I think. These memories aren't the only ones effected there just the most noticeable because of the cinematic that plays the first time 2 sims have woohoo, which I have now disabled because of this.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 11, 17:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this guy a downtownie that you have temporarily made selectable?  Or is he a downtownie that has been moved in?  When I posted before, I assumed that he was in the second category, in which case all his "met sim" memories from before his move in would be wiped.  He'd know sims, but would have no memory of meeting them.

My apologies for making that assumption.  Although now I'm wondering if you moved him in between the first woohoo and the second one.

She also owned a business lot downtown, every customer that came would be thinking of going to uni so it was probably there most recent memory and the weird thing is my playable sims that showed up would be thinking of Townies going to uni but obviously they hadn't been mind wiped. The same thing happens to all walk byes at the house as well, there always thinking of college.

Are they perhaps thinking of gossip memories, rather than their own?  Check in SimPE to see if they have gossip memories of these events that are actually the memories of other sims.  You can clear gossip memories on the lot debugger.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 11, 19:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made him selectable with Mirola's Mirror after seeing the Cinematic again and the Woohoo symbol spinning above his head just to have a look at his memories and get that screanshot. He didn't move into the house until a few days later. For a while I even thought it might be a problem with me making townies selectable and changing there looks & skintone but its happening to townies Ive never made selectable too, even the maid who I usually let stay after shes finished working keeps loosing her memories. I just used him as an example because his missing memories were the most obvious and easy to see but its happening to every townie, NPC and dormie in that neighborhood.

I know townies get there memories wiped and become just like a fresh CAS sim when they move in, I was running a mod by Syberspunk to stop that from happening which I dont have in anymore since they have no memories to keep Undecided

Your probably right about the gossip memories so I'll nuke them with the debugger and have another look through the memories of some NPC's, that should stop the thought bubble spam about college anyway.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: