More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:21:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Just got OFB, now community lots won't load!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just got OFB, now community lots won't load!  (Read 2940 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Just got OFB, now community lots won't load!
« on: 2007 June 03, 21:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Uni/NL/OFB and the patches.  Any community lost that has either a cash register or is a resturant just loads and loads and loads.  I can hear the birds chirping but nothing is happening.  Community lots with no commercial ventures like graveyards load quick and easy.  I removed all hacks and tried converting the offending lots to residential to see if I could get in them but no luck. Angry

//EDIT\\  There seems to be an issue with Sims Connection produce type objects.  I suspected this and had removed them but the lots still didn't load.  I can have a sim go to those lots in debug mode and just delete them when the error message comes up.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 03, 22:22:37 by themaltesebippy » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Just got OFB, now community lots won't load!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 03, 22:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the debug mode thing, but load the lots in build mode. You should still get the errors, but you'll be able to save any changes you make.

Or you can yank the objects from your Downloads folder. This may or may not solve the problem.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 04, 16:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame the non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 04, 16:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the cache and restarting is worth a try if you haven't. That does seem to fix an amazing amount of hangs and the like.

Unsouper
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 04, 17:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I'd suspect the objects, like he said. OFB did something somewhere that borked up my custom content at the time. Specifically, these plastic flowers I had from Windkeeper would hang the lot load screen. I could place them just fine in build mode and play to my heart's content, but reloading the lot was a neverending experience. On one memorable lot, I had about 40 of the things to go through and delete in debug mode.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: