More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:41:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: Non-ADD Cooking Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: Non-ADD Cooking Hack  (Read 6337 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Request: Non-ADD Cooking Hack
« on: 2005 September 29, 04:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already posted this request on another forum but it received no interest, so I thought I'd post it here.

I have not seen a hack or a request for this before, so I thought I'd ask if it would be possible to make a hack that prevents sims from forgetting their food into the oven while cooking. My sims seem to get constantly distracted by something else, or even leave for class, and end up burning the food unless I keep an eye on them constantly. You also can't pile up any actions on their queue for after cooking or there'll be a fire.

You're probably busy updating your hacks for Nightlife right now, but if you have time and interest for this in the future, I'd appreciate it.

(And before anyone says the title of this post is politically incorrect and making fun of people with ADD, the title is a reference to my dear ADD husband who cooks just like my sims and will likely burn down our apartment at some point. Unfortunately no sprinklers are available IRL.)

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Request: Non-ADD Cooking Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 29, 05:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you're not alone there - I'd love a hack that stops them wandering off with pork chops in the oven...  it might also make their autonomous choices to cook lobster thermidor a little less dangerous!

Ness
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 29, 06:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, if I don't watch the cooking sim, almost always the food is burned...Smiley.

But I found a tactics: I put my pointer on the stove, and each time the pointer is a "star" (*), I order the sim to "resume cooking", which keeps him occupied with the cooking, without being able to be distracted.

...Although, just today my female sim, even with this tactics, burned the Lobster Termidor 3 times (!), and her husband "staffed face" in the fridge...Smiley. She almost killed them from hunger...Smiley. So, I gave them to eat the burned food, as a lecture...Smiley. Shame on her...Smiley.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 29, 06:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims always have to eat food that they burn. You burn it, you eat it, is my rule.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 29, 06:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I found a tactics: I put my pointer on the stove, and each time the pointer is a "star" (*), I order the sim to "resume cooking", which keeps him occupied with the cooking, without being able to be distracted.

I think I'd just pause the game and queue up two or three Resume Cooking actions, then unpause.  This should keep the Sim at the stove without extra micromanagement.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 29, 06:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd just pause the game and queue up two or three Resume Cooking actions, then unpause.  This should keep the Sim at the stove without extra micromanagement.

Hook

Hook, I think your tactics is better than mine...Smiley. Have to try it...Smiley.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 29, 08:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's especially annoying when sims with full cooking skill keep autonomously making Lobster Thermidor all the time, especially because that meal has a higher failure rate to begin with.

I'll have to try piling up the Resume Cooking action. It would still be nice if I didn't need to wait for the sim to start cooking to line up more actions.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 29, 08:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My solution was to use the University Shinytyme cooktop in place of a regular stove. Sims don't leave something that's cooking on top of a stove but the drawback is that they can't cook foods that require an oven.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 29, 13:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just make them Grilled Cheese aspiration and replace the stove with a toaster oven. That'll fix it.  Wink

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 29, 13:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, I could use the top-only stove, and I already did that in one college residence. I still like having the rest of the cooking choices, too, though. Only grilled cheese might get monotonous over time though  Cheesy.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 29, 14:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL My nannies always do this. It has been a source of several fires.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 29, 21:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm .. my solution is to remove free will.  They always stand obediently at the oven when free will is off Wink.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 30, 00:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims always have to eat food that they burn. You burn it, you eat it, is my rule.

I play my sims with a hard fist like that too.  You burn it, you eat it.  You clog it, you unclog it.  You break it, you fix it.  Oh, the stereo electricuted you because your mechanical skill is low?  Too bad!  You shouldn't have broken it in the first place!.  Maybe 120 volts running through your arm will teach you next time!  >:E
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 30, 00:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm .. my solution is to remove free will.  They always stand obediently at the oven when free will is off Wink.

Yep. I also find that free will screws with the "Eat" macrotastic. Anytime I play a game where I actually want to get anything done, I nix free will.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 30, 07:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is easy solved with macrotastics.  Click your sim and tell them to procrastinate they'll stand around stretching and what not until the food is ready then they'll automatically grab it out of the stove.  The downside is you can't queue up actions after it but at least the food is going to turn into a giant ball of flames.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 30, 11:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm .. my solution is to remove free will. They always stand obediently at the oven when free will is off Wink.

Free will is off 24-7 in my game. Watched a friend of mine play the game with free will on and after 10 minutes I had an incessant urge to throw the PC out the window! Whenever his sims put something in the oven they'd draw the mp3 player or handheld out their ass and almost always burn the food! I still can't figure out how he could play the darn game without ANY hacks or mods WHATSOEVER! NONE!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: