More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:38:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Some strange happening in strangetown.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some strange happening in strangetown.  (Read 3168 times)
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Some strange happening in strangetown.
« on: 2005 September 27, 02:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had killed off some of the townies that I didn't care for (I know not to nice) one of which was Holly Anderson (I believe that the right name). I play for a while after some of these townies were deceased. When I went back into play the next time, the game reproduced new townies, one of which was Holly, and I was so pissed, because I wanted her gone. Even through it look like Holly, her voices was of a males. When I went into simpe and check her character files it was mark as male.
So far this is the only sim reproduced and that came back and had a sex change.
Bug maybe?

I also a freak thing in CAS , probably a bug too.
I created a family with two male adults and two female adults. I link the first male and female up to be married, the other adults were just be to sibling, well the second male I forgot to link him as a sibling. So I went into the lot and I notice he was also married to the first female. The game took it a pond it self to do this, is because I forgot to link him?
What was cool about it she had two husbands at the same time and on the same lot. I bet I couldn't do this again if I tried.
Has anyone else experience anything like this.

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Some strange happening in strangetown.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 27, 21:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'd make the most of it.  Are there any cultures where multiple husbands are allowed as opposed to more than one wife?  Wouldn't worry about it anyway, as it's Strangetown.  You might have to turn jealousy off on that lot, though!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 27, 22:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't heard of that happening in the game. Didn't even know it was possible. (Although apparently Dr. Vu lobbied hard to include polygamy in the game, based on "his own personal experience." This was for a while a running joke as the explanation for anything weird in the game. "Dr. Vu's experience." I keep meaning to ask him, in a chat, about whether that was the inspiration for how alien abductions are handled . . . heh.)

Anyway, on polyandry (one woman with multiple husbands), it is or was practiced in Tibet, parts of India, Nepal, and other countries in that general region, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry. It's generally an economically motivated arrangement, sociallogically speaking. In fraternal polyandry, two brothers can marry the same women which means they don't have to divide their estate, and in a culture where at least some of the men are gone at any given time it helps to create a more stable household. That said, it's unusual, because there are fairly specific sociological conditions needed for it to be advantageous, whereas the more common form of polygamy (polygyny, multiple wives) has the fairly self evident and universal benefit of allowing a man (with enough means) to greatly increase the number of children he can have.

Enough sociology. It would be interesting to see if this effect is reproducible, since it would be nice in some situations to be able to have sims get married to more than one other sim at the same time.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 28, 02:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enough sociology. It would be interesting to see if this effect is reproducible, since it would be nice in some situations to be able to have sims get married to more than one other sim at the same time.

Like the slimy romance sim with two families in two separate parts of town.....  "No, really, honey, I have to go out of town for business....yeah.... that's the ticket."

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 28, 23:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the slimy romance sim with two families in two separate parts of town.....  "No, really, honey, I have to go out of town for business....yeah.... that's the ticket."

C

Exactly. Or a desperate Family sim with no morals.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: