More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 06:35:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  new rig, radeon x1950pro, but only two screensizes in sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: new rig, radeon x1950pro, but only two screensizes in sims?  (Read 2639 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
new rig, radeon x1950pro, but only two screensizes in sims?
« on: 2007 March 17, 14:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there.

I just got my new computer home. It works fine, except when im playing sims. For some oddball reason it will only let me choose between an 800x600 screen res, and a 1224x768 resolution. And thats it. Now, i also just got myself a new monitor, and can run the desktop at 1680x1050, so i would very much like to be able to play the sims at a higher res.

Ive installed the latest catalyst drivers from the ATI website, Ive just reinstalled windows on this baby, got two gigs of ram, and a 3000 mhz cpu, so its not power im missing.

Anyone that can kick me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 2007 March 17, 15:05:22 by cyperangel » Logged

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: new rig, radeon x1950pro, but only two screensizes in sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 17, 15:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate sending folks there, but there's instructions on the the official BBS on how to add the widescreen setting to your game. Just do a search on 'widescreen' there. I did it on my laptop, and remember that it involves editing one of the graphic definition files in the program directories, but don't remember the exact steps, so I don't want to give you half-remembered info and make you break your game Smiley.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 17, 15:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Smiley

I guess id best go find the bottle of eyebleach and the towels to stop my eyes bleeding and my brain melting out my ears, when i go there...

THanks tho Smiley

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 17, 16:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly that dont really seem to do the trick. ive edited both the definitions files, as well as added the boolprop shaders thingie to userstartup, and i now neither got shaders, nor more than two resolutions. Still the same problem.

Any other shots? Im game.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 18, 19:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

righto, in case anyone else gets this problem.

First off, i had the trouble of only having two screen sizes to choose from in sims. Secondly, snow wouldnt show, and i had the option of snow on the ground, but every time i set it to on, it would jump back to off and mock me.
Solution: Use the omega drivers instead of the catalyst thingies, and, reinstall seasons after reinstalling drivers. I now have lots of screen resolutions to choose from, as well as snow on the ground. Now all i gotta do is figure out how to get rid of that danged stuck penguin without bombing the whole lot.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: