More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 13:46:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rink capacity question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rink capacity question  (Read 2565 times)
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
Rink capacity question
« on: 2007 March 11, 23:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search to see if this was already up in the forums, and I didn't find anything.  If I goofed, I'll get mocked.  Oh, well.

We know the roller/ice rinks come in two sizes, but I'm more curious about the actual use-capacity levels.  How much more can the big ones handle than the littles?  Is there a specific number of sims each will barf at?  Are there certain actions accomplishable on one and not another?

Due to outdated graphics (Nvidia 6200) and low (1 gig) RAM, I have to force the thing to work by hacking the config files, and I always make sure to use small lots-no bigger than 2x2, if I can help it.  If I can at all get away with using the smaller ice rink, I'd like to do so.  The larger one forces me to use a 2x3 lot to do everything I want with it (outdoor ice rinks do not belong in Strangetown or in Tunevaea), and if I can keep it to a 2x2 lot by using the small rink, then dammit, I'm using the small one.  I do not like my plans to be thwarted.  (Telling me to upgrade is pointless.  To paraphrase Pes, nobody wants to buy Metalkatt ass, so I have no money.)

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Zii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Rink capacity question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 12, 01:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1GB RAM is low? I could run giant lots with that much (I have 2GB now) with little problem. Either your video card or your processor is the bottleneck here...

Anyway, I don't know about the actual capacities of the rinks. I've had about 8 sims on the small one once. The only problem was that the animations got all jumpy because it couldn't handle so many sims blading and falling smoothly, so some sims snapped into a backwards skating anim or popped infront of a sim that's fallen over, etc.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Rink capacity question
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 13, 09:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I only have Nvidia 5700FX & 1GB ram & I play the largest lots all the time. If I play with the higestest settings on all options then I get a little bit of choppiness, so i generally use medium textures/sim detail & my game runs fine. You should be able to play larger lots than 2x2!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: