More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 06:49:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Elder pregnancies - not advisable?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Elder pregnancies - not advisable?  (Read 4144 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Elder pregnancies - not advisable?
« on: 2005 September 28, 02:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will I fubar my game files if I use SimPE to change the life stage of an elder female to adult so she can have an offspring, then change her lifestage back to elder?

I've been playing only Pleasantview, where I've brought back all the Goths and Crumplebottoms (and Michael, Darleen and Skip). Initially, I brought them (Goths and Crumplebottoms) back for the purpose of dispersing them throughout the 'hood to live with different families so the Knowledge sims on other lots can 'See a ghost', but changed my mind and figured why not make good use of these files that have character data. I've recently got Korey Jitmakusol (former HM) wed to Agnes Crumplebottom and I'm considering having Crumplebottom offsprings to keep the blood line. The newlyweds are probably gonna produce some aesthetically challenged offsprings but I'd still prefer that to adoptions. I mean, too bad for her that she was dead before the game even began (she'll most probably be dead again before NL), and now that she's back, why let her miss out on parenthood and a decent sim existence?

I don't have NL yet, and I thought this might be something else to keep me occupied until the newest and shiniest more awesome hacks or official patches come out before I buy and install the new EP.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Elder pregnancies - not advisable?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 28, 03:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see why it would cause a problem, I've done it before with a teen and everything worked out okay. If you want them to get through the 3 days quickly and have their kid move them to a lot by themselves and have them meditate for 3 days lol.

You could also do boolprop testingcheatsenabled true in the console, hold shift and click on her, then choose spawn, then more, then the sim modder and then click on the baby (the sim modder object) and have it set her life stage to adult, have her have the kid, then use it again to set her back to an elder.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 28, 03:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, thanks Smiley! I'll probably just use TOL&D to speed up her pregnancy Tongue.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 28, 04:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't do, I did it with Jennifer Burb, although I changed her in game with the Inseminator so she also looked like an adult.  She got herself pregnant when she moved house (somehow it happened standing next to the mailbox and I swear John was nowhere near her) but she was too old for the pregnancy to develop properly.  She spent years and years always hungry and needing the loo and I just thought she was being awkward.  Then totally out-of-the blue (15 or so Sim days after she'd moved) I saw her walk by someone else's lot in maternity gear.  She didn't have a bump as such, but she did have a waddle.  I immediately went to her lot and she changed into maternity gear in front of my eyes.

I checked in SimPE and she had a pregnancy token going back to when she moved house all those years ago.  Anyway, I let it go and she died, then I decided to bring her back as a zombie.  I aged her back to adult, sped-up the pregnancy, then aged her back to elder.  She's been cured of zombiness now too, she is just too irritating to have around permanently.  The baby is a child now, the same age as Lucy's daughter and her husband's alien daughter.  All three are great friends and fun to have around.  They went to a grad party once and spent most of the 5 hours giggling like lunatics on the bubble-blower.  I can see them being great fun at Uni.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 28, 04:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah Shocked, I was just hanging around waiting to see if there'll be any more new opinions, and I thought at first glance that you meant I shouldn't do it. Yup, I saw your post about Jennifer Burb. If they weren't elders, I'd imagine maybe they did it in the cab on the way to their new home to get the missus pregnant, the way I do sometimes whenever some rare glitch happens. Like when Cassandra Goth left for work in the Science career track absolutely not pregnant and came back with a very pregnant belly like she's about to go into labour anytime, 'cept that she never did, and the fake pregnancy went on, and on, and on.... My explanation was maybe the imaginery colleagues/supervisors/bosses did some crazy experiment on her and she came home that way Tongue.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 28, 08:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure you've already made your decision on this matter, but in case you're hanging around tomorrow, I had a glitch that caused this very thing.

In a nutshell:

Several hours of gameplay (& numerous age transitions in several famillies) were not recognized, despite many saves.
Returning to the game, I found all the Sims who'd transitioned appearing the new age, yet behaving like their previous one. See avatar for example.

In another home, I'd allowed an aged Romance Sim to marry a Repairman for convenient need fulfillment. I have Risky Woohoo, but she looked like an Elder, so you can imagine my surprise when I heard the lullaby. I kept waiting for my game to explode into a fiery ball, but she carried the pregnancy effortlessly and produced twin girls. Technically, she was an adult but it was still weird. After the birth, I changed her appearance to adult and reset her age duration to where she'd been before the 'visual transition'. (fixed it by doing opposite of what you'll be doing to create it)

Cheesy

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: