More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 23:15:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A question about sim birthdays / aging
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question about sim birthdays / aging  (Read 4134 times)
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
A question about sim birthdays / aging
« on: 2007 March 03, 07:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created a family with seven toddlers and one adult for a challenge.  On the last toddler day I got five to the cake before 6 o'clock. 

After 6 o'clock one of the sims aged to a child on his own.  The last one was carried to a cake and aged to a child.

When it came time for the next birthday, I noticed only the first five were ready to transition.  They had "1 day left" until teen.  The two that aged after 6 o'clock had 2 days left.

Is this normal?  It was unintentionally hilarious, since I created a set of identical twins.  Now one is a teen and the other is a child.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: A question about sim birthdays / aging
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 03, 08:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats normal.  You lose a day when aging sims before the automatic transition.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 03, 12:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want a party and don't want to lose a day, give the party after 16:00h or so so the age transition will come during the party.
Wait until the Sim begins to automatically transition and immediately force-error any of them. That will reset the aging controller and give you ample time to bring them all individually to the cake/have them blow out candles.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 03, 14:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that's clever Jordi! - I've had so many birthday party disasters because the sim aged before everyone gathered round the cake that I don't throw them any more!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 03, 15:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know you don't have to wait until 6pm to blow out the candles, ay? I make my sims do it well before 6.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 03, 15:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks witch - yes I do know you can transition them early, it's just one of those things that I always leave too late.  When the kids get home from school at 3, I like to up their motives before the party and time just gets away from me.  I either have them go to the cake too late or else they are stuck in some other action and can't get to the cake.  I do find all those influence wants a real nuisance at parties - you can't concentrate on making friends because you don't even get the throw a good party want until you've done lots of stupid influencing!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 03, 21:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do it before 6pm, you lose a day of their life.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 04, 01:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good, they live too long anyway.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 04, 01:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado once told me that sims can't age (or die) while sitting or laying down.  Transition always happens on the hour, so you only have to make sure they're busy right then.  Toddlers can't grow up as long as they're in the crip, so just carry them directly from the crib to the cake, and make sure the hour doesn't turn on the way.
I don't usually bother with the cake, or parties, I just let things happen when they happen.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 04, 03:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the replies.  I'm relieved that this is normal, and not some horrible glitch waiting to destroy everything.

I'm actually enjoying the non-identical identical twins, so it worked out for me. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: