More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 03:02:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pet hack search
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pet hack search  (Read 3707 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Pet hack search
« on: 2007 March 09, 00:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting all my hacks verified/updated for Seasons has got me thinking about hacks I'd love to have, specifically two pet-related ones. Does anyone have a hack that will tell the "time-speed" setting to ignore awake pets in the home? There's just no point to having the clock snap down to normal speed in the middle of the night, just so we can watch a dog "Relax" for three hours, you know? This seems like a hack I've seen somewhere, but I haven't been able to track it down. Any ideas on where I might find something like this?

Another hack I'd dearly love to find is one to make the pet bowls stop twirling around on the floor. Since when can pets only eat from the "front" of a bowl? There's no such thing as the *front* of a bowl! It seems so unnecessary to have to leave half the room empty just so the pet can reach whatever weird angle the bowl happens to get spun to (either when it's being filled or eaten from), but if you slide it out of the way towards anything else, you have go to into Buy Mode every few hours to keep a pet from starving to death next to a full dish of food. So if anyone can point me toward a hack that will address this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Pet hack search
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 09, 01:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) No such hack exists (that I'm aware of).
2) Sorry, but that's just weird. Then again, I always use the perfectly round dishes and I see no difference in how my pets approach them. Never had a problem.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 09, 02:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado had/has a hack for #2 I thought.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 09, 02:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had problems with any of my pet dishes, but I'd love a hack for that first problem. I get sick of having to manually speed up the clock and then *very quickly* go back to normal speed once my sims wake up, to prevent them from doing anything stupid.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 09, 05:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lil Brudder, I didn't find anything in Pescado's goodies that looked related, but I'll take a closer look, thanks Smiley

And I'm so jealous of you guys who haven't had any problems with the pet bowls! I prefer to keep pet dishes next to the wall where they're more tidy, but in the house I'm playing now, first the Sim fills the bowl, putting it back down somehow "facing" the wall so the pet can't access it (the hell? it's a *round* bowl!). So, go into Buy Mode, grab it, turn it back around. Then the dog goes and does such a vigorous job of chomping on lunch that the bowl gets turned around again. Back to Buy Mode, grab the bowl... rinse and repeat ad nauseam.  Roll Eyes I wonder why that's happening in some games but not in others?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 09, 06:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm so jealous of you guys who haven't had any problems with the pet bowls! I prefer to keep pet dishes next to the wall where they're more tidy, but in the house I'm playing now, first the Sim fills the bowl, putting it back down somehow "facing" the wall so the pet can't access it (the hell? it's a *round* bowl!). So, go into Buy Mode, grab it, turn it back around. Then the dog goes and does such a vigorous job of chomping on lunch that the bowl gets turned around again. Back to Buy Mode, grab the bowl... rinse and repeat ad nauseam.  Roll Eyes I wonder why that's happening in some games but not in others?

I've played two houses with pets so far.  One has the most expensive round bowl, and the other has the cheap square bowl.  In both houses the bowl has been in two different locations: in a corner and against a straight wall with another object to one side. I haven't had any problems* with them at all. 

I have noticed that the square bowl rotates 45o and the pet stands at the same angle while eating. It occurs to me that  might cause a problem if the bowl is blocked on three sides, such as against a straight wall between two other objects.

* I don't think it's related to the bowl:  My glitchy cat originally ran away while Grimmy was standing in her food bowl (he came to pick up the elder who was trying to refill it).

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 09, 08:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My round and square bowls both turn to a 45o angle when the pet goes to eat, and I've never blocked a bowl on more than two sides (I usually place them next to a counter (or nothing) against the wall). But either way, with any bowls I've tried - with dogs and cats on many different lots - either the owner filling or the pet eating (or sometimes both) will somehow spin the dish around to an angle where the pet can't "reach" the food.

Just the fact that a perfectly round dish would be coded as "reachable" from one angle and not another makes no sense to me  Huh

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 09, 11:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I haven't had the problem of pets being unable to reach food, I have repeatedly had cats get stuck in between a bowl and the wall.  Not even my real cats are this dumb.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: