More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 20:01:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No Ghosts at Community lots fixed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Ghosts at Community lots fixed  (Read 3663 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
No Ghosts at Community lots fixed
« on: 2007 February 26, 18:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,
Yes i realised i posted a while ago concerning this I have had no answers since then however and google fails to help me. 
I cannot, for the life of me, get a ghost to show up at a community lot, specifically my graveyard i designed for my Pleasantview sims.  Ghosts show up fine at residential and uni lots.

My method of getting the gravestones to the graveyard is simply click and "move this grave".  I don't place it in the sims inventory or anything.

Im wondering if my ghosts are lost somewhere, that they have not moved with the gravestone.  Im sure i read something like that could happen.  Is anybody able to telll me if i can force a ghost from a gravestone, or check for errors or just something that can get my graveyard as haunted as it should be.  I have around 20 graves there and not one spawns a ghost. 

The only hack i have reguarding ghosts and gravestones is romanceurnfix.  My hacks are Awesome only.

Please help!
cheers
« Last Edit: 2007 February 26, 21:21:20 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Getting Desperate - No Ghosts at Community lots
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 26, 20:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that frequently I'm not seeing any ghosts at my community cemetary. My current theory, as yet to be tested, is that the best time to send my Sims to the downtown lot is before the sun sets at the home lot - around 6pm. I have seen the ghosts out and about on several occasions, so I know that they are where they are supposed to be. I suspect the trick is mainly in the timing.

Unfortunately, I only know how to check in Simpe to see if a Sim is properly marked as a ghost.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 26, 21:02:48 by Moa » Logged
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Getting Desperate - No Ghosts at Community lots
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 26, 21:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe yea so it seems you need to be there before the sun goes down...
i feel silly
case closed Smiley

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No Ghosts at Community lots fixed
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 26, 22:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts manifest at a certain hour, usually shortly after dark. If you're not there and active on the lot by then, they won't show up afterwards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 27, 00:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to keep the graves on the home lot until the ghost actually appears from it-then once the sun comes up I place the gravestone in my sim's inventory and take it to the 'cemetery' by car or taxi. I always get ghosts appearing at community lots now. Like Pes said-I make sure the visiting sim in on the cemetery lot before 7pm.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 27, 01:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Pes said-I make sure the visiting sim in on the cemetery lot before 7pm.

How exactly is that done? I can leave the house at 10am, arrive at a comm lot at night time, then return home, still in the morning. So how do you control what time it is when you get to the comm lot?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 27, 01:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you leave at 09:00h, you arrive around 10:00h. And you return at 10:00h.
Time rolls over from home to a comm lot but not the other way.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 27, 06:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it tends to be about 1-2 sim hours later when you arrive. I usually leave the house about 5-5.30 pm.

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 27, 12:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole things a bit screwy.  The ghosts only appear until around midnight.
I was advised (Thanks Nec Smiley ) to get a sim to actually purchase the lot to get the ghosts to show up for longer.  Well it worked, ghosts stay around till about 6am as theyre meant to.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: