More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 21:36:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam trusts the Feedback forms as little as we do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam trusts the Feedback forms as little as we do?  (Read 22608 times)
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Maxoid Sam trusts the Feedback forms as little as we do?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 February 22, 09:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be that the publisher/author howled and made threats of copyright litigation if EA allowed the copyright violations to continue.
Wouldn't work, anyway, quoting passages out of a book is considered to be "fair use".

And, as THEY THEMSELVES had told her before, it's not copyright violation as long as you aren't even quoting passages, just giving the information out in your own words. Apparently with one of the early guides, they'd contacted her about quoting passages, and came up with the agreement that it was okay to paraphrase- she'd PMed me with the heads up when I was the first to get one of the guides, but I'd worked in the college library, and I already knew how to stay out of trouble  Wink To change the policy without telling anyone and then ban people for it is just being a petty dictator. Which happens when you give a moron a little power.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 February 22, 11:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience of MaxoidBullSam is that he is a liar and a petty tyrant. I think katenigma was lucky not to be banned.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 February 22, 11:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't work, anyway, quoting passages out of a book is considered to be "fair use".

Maybe.  Maybe not.  It's a slippery slope.  See 17 USC 107.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 February 22, 11:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience of MaxoidBullSam is that he is a liar and a petty tyrant. I think katenigma was lucky not to be banned.

I agree. I think I only escaped it because it was so early on after he'd taken over.

Either that, or I was banned and just never knew it because I was so disgusted with him that I didn't go back to the BBS for months- it's not as if they always bother to tell you that you've been banned, let alone the reason for it.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 February 26, 08:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the feedback form and the e-mail link will soon be put to the test.  I already came across something on a german forum (using google to translate) that I don't like the sound of.  Two things actually.

1.  The drop down walls has apparently been changed, at the moment the walls in front of you all drop, but the new change makes it so all outer walls drop and only the inner walls are cutout.  I haven't seen anyone else mention this on the BBS as yet, though I got to the german site via a link in a thread there.  They were only looking at the pictures though and not trying to translate.  Until I try this changed feature I can't say how bad it's going to tick me off yet.

2.  They changed how the autolighting works, and I don't mean daylight/nightime, I mean the way lamps etc.. turn on.  I had a bit of difficulty understanding the translation on this one, but from what I gathered... Currently when sims walk into a room at night, the light comes on for that room right?  Well between the hours of 2am and 6am this doesn't work anymore, at least I think that is what the post said.  It's somewhat minor, but I dont' like it anyway.  It's not clear whether manually turning the light on between those hours works or not.

**edit** heh, was just trying to locate the links for this and found a new reply about the walls from someone who understands german.. they said the issue with the walls was due to greenhouse walls being used and once they were replaced with normal walls it was fine again.  So that's nice to know.
http://tinyurl.com/2d9592 This is the forum with the pictures and the german posts about the issues.
http://tinyurl.com/ywq6bs  This is the BBS thread I found the above link in, and in which HugDopey explained about the walls.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 26, 08:19:48 by miramis » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 February 26, 08:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies and propaganda. The game doesn't even exist yet, so all babble about it is nothing more than recycled speculation from the Prima Guide.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 February 26, 08:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The light issue they discuss is basically the following:
-light went out at 2am, except in the bathroom for some reason, but it did not go on at 6am.
But this user uses some greenhouse walls, so probably the game thought their inside was actually the outside. I wouldn't pay too much attention to this. Greenhouse walls are simply weird.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 February 26, 08:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no "greenhouse" walls. This is clearly simply a made-up rumor. LIES AND PROPAGANDA!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 February 26, 09:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou Jordi, so both are related to the greenhouse walls.  Well damn, now I have to go looking for some more problems to worry over  Cheesy

And Pes, I don't have the Prima Guide Tongue  BTW, you do realise you will be able to 'rain fire' on your poor sims with this EP right?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 February 26, 12:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish Pirate Bay would put the darn thing up already, so we can move on from the Lies and Propaganda stage.  Cheesy

Anyway, the guide did mention that Greenhouse walls work differently than regular walls for cut aways, but didn't say anything about lights. The greenhouse is supposed to BE inside- that's the point, it doesn't get the bugs or weather. But I guess it's probably designated as a separate category- not inside or outside, but both, since it does get sun, and if you want to plant things inside without greenhouse walls, you have to put up sunlamps.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: