More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 00:29:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Generated Townies have mismatched skintone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generated Townies have mismatched skintone  (Read 3625 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Generated Townies have mismatched skintone
« on: 2007 February 23, 20:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to make a clean hood devoided of the ugly horse and shovel faced townies using the tutorial here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5861.0.html

I'm using custom face replacements and batch generating the townies.  The Adult black sims all have black heads and what looks like normal maxis color bodies.  So basically they got 1 skintone for the head and a completely different one for the body, other ages seem uneffected.  It may be important to mention I've noticed this mismatch happening since i installed pets for ONE skintone, when my toddlers of my light skintone grew up to children but it disappeared at teenagers, i tried downaging one of the CAS ones i made for the new hood that has the light skintone but the bug didn't appear.

I got all the expansions Uni, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, installed in that order.  And i don't have the newest pets patch installed.  I use Enayla skintones that i've set to defaults using simpe.  Any ideas what could be causing this?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Generated Townies have mismatched skintone
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 23, 21:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you keep the original skintone in your downloads? When you use SimPE to make a skintone into a default replacement, you still need to keep the original installed. The feature really doesn't work perfectly. I always do mine by hand.

Fail.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 23, 21:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you keep the original skintone in your downloads? When you use SimPE to make a skintone into a default replacement, you still need to keep the original installed. The feature really doesn't work perfectly. I always do mine by hand.

I definitely got the original for the black skintone still in my downloads not sure about the light skintone but i think so.  I honestly don't know how to make them outside simpe that's why i let simpe handle it, never really had any problems with it.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 23, 22:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is the tutorial for doing default skintones 'by hand' with SimPE
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2930.0.html

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 24, 02:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is the tutorial for doing default skintones 'by hand' with SimPE
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2930.0.html

Thanks i'll take a look at it.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 24, 09:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could take out your Enayla defaults and replace them with another default skin set. It would be interesting to know whether the black townies have black bodies then, too ...  Huh
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 24, 12:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could take out your Enayla defaults and replace them with another default skin set. It would be interesting to know whether the black townies have black bodies then, too ...  Huh

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately there was no problem.  The skintone was mismatched but after doing the mirror trick it was fixed.  I guess i really do have to go through the normal way of making these skins defaults.  Thanks for the help.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 24, 13:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Nevermind i think i found the problem why my simpe default turned out huge.

Edit 2: Got it all working fine now i checked around and found almost all of the skins i wanted already made into defaults so it saved me the hassle.  Thanks for the replies guys.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 24, 16:31:50 by LFox » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: