More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 12:10:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something weird...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something weird...  (Read 13002 times)
V
Senator

View Profile
Re: Something weird...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 07, 09:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That I do not know. But Jordi generally gives good advice regarding this game. Grin

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 07, 09:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think Jordi is saying, if you go into these lots when you just have the base game installed, then the scenarios will be there for you to play after all the expansions have been added. So when you install, stop at the base game and go into the game and the houses. Make sure you save. Then load the rest of your expansions.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 07, 09:27:00 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 07, 09:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

will do then, thanks!

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 07, 10:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I meant yeah. Thanks witch Smiley
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 07, 11:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jordi - I'll take that advice back to my other board - it came up there too.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 08, 04:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I've done what Jordi suggested, except that I my game crashes everytime I try to get into the old lady's house in Strangetown, and thus far, Don Lothario's house and I have no hacks or expansions whatsoever - just the base game and the latest mac patch.  Since I never entered NPC's houses before when I had everything installed, I don't know if this is new or what.  Oh well. 

I did realise I am a total loser without hacks -- I decided to play the Caliente house - curious about the mysterious visitor, and although I managed to get the blonde one knocked up by old man Goth and get her employed on the track she wanted, she's got food poisoning, she's passed out and she's failed to plead for the life of the red-haired one, who gets killed by being scared to death by some ghost named Michael (but not after she went into hygiene crisis because he scared the piss out of her.  They also almost burned down their house and got stuff stolen (but insurance covered it).  I don't know if I want her dead...

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 08, 06:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...she's failed to plead for the life of the red-haired one, who gets killed by being scared to death by some ghost named Michael (but not after she went into hygiene crisis because he scared the piss out of her. 

Ah, yes, I forgot about the ghost of Michael Bachelor. He was a pre-made playable in TS1, but I don't think TS2 ever quite explained how he died. It only had the info that he married Dina Calliente at some point. I always thought the implication was that she marries the 'old goats' for their fortunes, though she doesn't have much left when TS2 starts.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 08, 08:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being a hot babe is expensive!  So naturally she has to find another "old goat" to inherit from.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 08, 11:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's about what happened to me when I played them!  I had two tries at most of the lots maxis set up!  Did they get burgled as well?  I remember one got promoted while she was pregnant, went straight back to work on her new shift, got fired and died when she got out of the car.

DK what's wrong with Strangetown.  However, sounds to me like the hood didn't install properly which sounds rather like the original problem of Bluewater not installing properly..... Sad  I think you need to get really picky about making backups before you install anything else in future!

Play what you can of the scenario's in strangetown, then you might as well regenerate it so you can get into the old lady's house.  Starting out with a mess in a hood isn't a good move.  If you take your entire sims2 folder out of my documents (move it to desktop) and start the game, you'll get 3 brand new hoods (no scenarios of course). quit the game.  Try out the old ladie's house in Strangetown.  If that looks OK, quit.  If you now delete the regenerated Pleasantview and Veronaville, (the N001 and N003 folders) you can move the ones with the scenarios back in from desktop.  (don't copy one over the other - that makes a big mess, delete the unwanted one first) . 

You might want to check out a mac forum or two.  I forget where they are, but there are one or two around.  Simmers there might recognise something us PC users don't.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 08, 11:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, I forgot about the ghost of Michael Bachelor. He was a pre-made playable in TS1, but I don't think TS2 ever quite explained how he died.
Actually, it did explain. The fact that Dina receives an inheritance at ALL proves that he died of old age, since this does not happen for any other kind of death. Duh.

It only had the info that he married Dina Calliente at some point. I always thought the implication was that she marries the 'old goats' for their fortunes, though she doesn't have much left when TS2 starts.
Well, 20K max is not a lot, and likely she got less, as Maxis is not known for its tendency to maximize anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 08, 14:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm speculating he died of old age and she inherited anything.  She's long dead in my game, so someone else would have to check her memories to see if she has an 'inherited money' one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 09, 05:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm speculating he died of old age and she inherited anything.  She's long dead in my game, so someone else would have to check her memories to see if she has an 'inherited money' one.
She does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 09, 10:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then he did die of old age, and she is just a gold-digger.  At least she made it past 39 in my game....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 11, 04:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gold-digging apparently isn't all that profitable in TS2, given that by default, "moving in and out of the family repeatedly" pays off better and faster.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: