More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 05:22:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  New jump bug?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New jump bug?  (Read 3430 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
New jump bug?
« on: 2006 December 23, 23:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is either a new jump bug, or one that's been around for awhile, but I just never noticed it until now. Every time I even mouse over a phone in one of my sim-houses, all the sims on the lot 'jump' and whatever was in their actions-queue is now cancelled, including the pets. The sims cannot use their phone at all, and all of the OFB business-related menu options (Business, Real Estate, etc) are gone. This happens even with my entire Hacks subfolder moved from Downloads to my desktop, and with CC disabled. I've even unistalled and reinstalled Pets (removing my Downloads, Neighborhoods, etc folders first, of course), to no avail. I've checked and rechecked everything with the Clean Installer, to make sure there were no hacks floating around outside their designated subfolder, and found nothing. I have all expansion and stuff packs, except for the Happy Holiday stuff. Does anybody know what could be causing this problem with the phones? Ach, it's making me mental! Not that I wasn't mental already...

P.S. Feel free to move this thread to 'Oops You Broke It' if you feel that such a thing would be appropriate, though I didn't actually *do* anything to bork my game.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: New jump bug?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 23, 23:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error log. Jumping produces error logs. We can't diagnose a problem this complex at this point without error logs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 24, 01:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached is the error log that occurred when trying to make Don Lothario use his phone. This was with hacks installed and custom content enabled. I can make a different log without them, if necessary. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer regarding this puzzling error.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 24, 01:33:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 24, 01:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something has mucked up your phone party thingamajingus. I don't know of anything we have that does that, so I blame the work of the non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 24, 01:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed all phone and party related hacks (nosportspartywants, etc) but I'll check again. What's puzzling is that, even with CC disabled and/or all hacks removed, the problem persists.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 24, 03:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, obviously I'm smoking crack or something. I could swear that earlier today I had the same error, even with custom content disabled, but I just tried again with no CC, and of course there were no errors. Well, blimey, I'd better figure out which non-awesome hack is causing this mess! Thanks for translating the error log, at least, since it's all greek to me. *sigh*

P.S. Sorry for the double post - I wanted this to show up under recent unread topics, so that everyone can see what a 'tard I am.

</sarcasm>

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 24, 03:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember, when you change whether CC is enabled/disabled, you need to restart the whole game for it to take effect.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 24, 20:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think that was the problem the first time, but the second time I made sure to do that, and hence there were no errors (funny how that works Wink). Well, the culprit turned out to be a file called nmp-cp which, as it turns out, stands for No More Party-Crashing Police. Egads, what a nightmare! Oh well - it's been a learning experience. Thanks for your help and suggestions, though now I feel a bit silly wasting everybody's time.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: