More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:54:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You can't fire me!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You can't fire me!  (Read 4080 times)
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
You can't fire me!
« on: 2006 November 19, 22:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the default EP3 lot "Bloater Village Micro Hall. Get it set up by the owner and functioning ok.

The next day I send the owner's niece who has the bright idea of setting up one of the concession areas as a restaurant. She duly does this up and hires 3 new employees to run it. Fine, restaurant functions with no problems.

The following day the owner returns to the lot and so do the employees, all but the 3 Restaurant employees that is! They don't say they are too tired, granny's just died or any of the other feeble excuses they sometimes use. Nothing, nada, they just don't turn up. Owner shuffles other staff around to keep the restaurant functioning but is less than pleased.

Following day the same, all employees bar the 3 restaurant employees appear, although they are still showing on the Employee Information Viewer (EIV) as employed as Chef, Host and Server and subbed employees fulfill these functions ok..

Question - How do I
a. Get them to show up for work or
b. Get them deleted from the EIV so that I can replace them?

If they won't appear on the lot I need to replace them. But how? It's difficult to fire them when they refuse to turn up to be fired!
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: You can't fire me!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 19, 23:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if you up their pay to ridiculously overpaid, then fire them as soon as they appear it won't cost you too much!

Although I'm not sure you can do that unless they are on the lot. 

Not much help really, sorry.
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 20, 00:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't. You have to do the Management/Change Wage interaction with each individual Sim.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 20, 00:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Summon them with Business Runs You?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 20, 01:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worth a try. I'll get back to you and let you know if it worked.

The only other alternative I can think of is, is hacking with SimPE but as I don't know how to do that remains a fantasy.
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 20, 22:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right on J M, business runs you worked perfectly to drag in the slothful, thanks.

The problem then was that with the full complement of 8 employees my system was groaning to an unacceptable degree. So I've decided to close the restaurant section and put in something less simpower intensive.  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 22, 05:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use business runs you, you can operate on half the staff due to the more efficient code. For instance, the podium guy is entirely superfluous and can be cut, as you don't actually need a dedicated person to stand there and yammer on the phone. With BRY, other employees will take up his dead weight and seat customers when not busy with the current ones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: