More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 23:47:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weird day
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird day  (Read 4656 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Weird day
« on: 2005 September 22, 23:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever see the movie Groundhog Day?  Today was like that for me.

I'm playing Sack Man Pinball in the dorm rec room when Allegra comes up behind me and kisses me full on the lips.  I've always thought she was hot, but I never did anything about it.  I'm engaged to Minya, after all.  Still, it was nice.

Suddenly everything jumps and I'm back to playing Sack Man again, and Allegra is just coming through the door.  So I kissed her.  I mean, after all, she kissed me first, right?  Only she acts like I've never kissed her before.  But she seems to like it.

Then everything jumps again and I'm back to playing Sack Man, and Allegra comes in and joins the game.  I eyeball her a bit, but don't do anything, and she doesn't do anything either.  I guess we'll pretend it never happened.

Anyway, most of the day goes by, and I've just finished in the bathroom when Sheldon barges in and wants to play our GBA's head-to-head.  Hasn't he ever heard of privacy?  So we play for a bit and when we finish I'm suddenly all sexually turned on toward Sheldon.  Which is really gross, I never knew I was gay.

Then suddenly the world jumps again, and it's 11 AM, and I'm back playing Sack Man Pinball!  It's like the whole afternoon never happened.  Allegra comes up and we play pinball again.  I'm tempted to kiss her just to prove I'm not gay.  Sheldon wanders by and I just have to know, so I whip out my GBA and demand we play head-to-head.  We have a good time and I'm not the least bit attracted to him when we're done.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow I don't suddenly find myself playing pinball again.

- Gus
p.s. HandheldFix still works with Nightlife.

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Weird day
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 23, 02:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really sure what to make of this, but it was entertaining!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 23, 03:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot about HandheldFix untill Don Lothario met himself and got a crush on himself.  Its found a home in my downloads folder yet again.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 23, 03:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, what Ancient said. I don't get the point, but am entertained and therefore thank you.

Bye now.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 23, 09:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean your game jumped like that or are you just telling us a story? BTW I liked the story. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 23, 09:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice story, and Nice tip. I get it, and I like it Cheesy

I also liked the movie, so this way of seing a days worth of play through a sims eyes makes perfect sense Cheesy

Kudos.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 23, 10:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm...Groundhog Day...would that be starring Bill Murray? The one where he re-lives a single day of his life over and over again? Greek title kinda matches, but greek titles sometimes should arise and kill their creators dead!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 23, 11:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really sure what to make of this, but it was entertaining!

I had to reload my game three times from the same point.  First two were deliberate, I was testing the Chemistry effects (see the Chemistry thread), but didn't want to keep the new romantic relationship between the two Sims.  The third time, I'd gotten through much of the day, and I went to check on the Sim in question and he was playing handheld with Sheldon autonomously in the bathroom.  When I aborted it to get him to eat, suddenly "crush" symbols started floating off both of them.  I definitely didn't want that.  After reloading and testing that the HandHeldFix still worked, it occurred to me that this Sim's day had been a bit confusing, sexually.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: