More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 18:26:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I cannot click on my sim from another sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I cannot click on my sim from another sim  (Read 5780 times)
V
Senator

View Profile
I cannot click on my sim from another sim
« on: 2006 November 14, 20:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was very late and I was getting ready to close up the game when suddenly this npc/townie or whatever walked by Brandi Broke's house. I had never seen him before and he was very good-looking so I thought he might make a good companion for her. I killed her queue to get her outside to click on him to say hi, or something, but by the time she got there he was already in "I'm leaving" mode so I paused the game and spawned something or other to make him part of the family and then I closed up the lot and went to bed. (Not sure if I used the Family Tree or what. I just set him to live there, not to be a relative. It was late.)

The next day I went to play with my new Sim. I can play as his character and click on anything in the house and interact just fine. But I cannot have anyone choose to interact with him. The arrow goes black as if I were trying to click on a tree and I get the same message I would get if I tried to click on a tree - something about "no actions availabe". So I had him move out and get his own place. I thought perhaps he would reset if he were back out in the world. But he did not. I had him come visit Brandi via telephone invite, but he finally left because she could not welcome him.

I was waiting for the new SimPE to come out so I could look at him. I was hoping there would be a box that said he is not human or he is an object or something. Something that was simple to see and easy to fix. But I could not see anything obviously wrong with his character file. Then again I am not well-versed in SimPE other than the very basic basics.

His name is David Thompson and the last time I tried playing with him I was surpised to see him driving the school bus on that very lot when Beau & Dustin went off to school. He was standing on the porch, "all untouchable" and he was driving the school bus at the same time.   

I am really curious how I managed to do this and whether it can be fixed or not. The kids really like him and keep spinning wants to talk to him and play with him. Brandi seems to like him too.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: I cannot click on my sim from another sim
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 14, 20:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait a sec. This is one of the drivers? Those Sims were never intended to be moved in, like the exterminaters and social workers. They lack basic Sim functions and cannot be played.

You *could* fix it in SimPE but it is way too much work. You're better off cloning his appearance if you want him.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 14, 20:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, you broke it. How a carpool/bus driver became a walkby is one mystery, but moving one in is not a good thing because they are not normal sims as you found out. Best to put him back to the NPC family in Simpe and erase all relationships to him.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 14, 21:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, couldn't you apply the fix for Mascots and get a functional Sim?  My driver Sims are never good looking tho...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 14, 21:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mascots at least function somewhat as Sims. Drivers can't function as Sims at all.

You'd have to rip out their entire code and replace it, so it's far easier to use simsurgery to get their looks/genes on a working Sim instead.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 14, 22:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, I was inviting sims for the age transition of one of my kids (I stopped to throw parties).

I called one of her borthers in the college, and he asked if he can bring a friend. Obviously, I admitted, and the brother brought...David Thompson, the car driver!

During the 2 years of play, it was the first time I encounterred this event. I made him fast a friend of all the family, and from then on he was invited to all family celebratings. Slowly, I made him friend with all my playable sims. 
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 14, 22:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I am really glad to hear that he did a walk-by in someone else's game. I wish I could have dragged him in slowly, but he was leaving and I was afraid I would lose him forever. Since I had never seen him before, I didn't know if I would ever see him again. That was why I took the drastic action. (Well, that and it was really late so my judgment was not at its sharpest.)

I am glad to know that you were able to get him in a little at a time. I am so sorry that I am going to have to lose him at this point. Maybe I can get him on another lot in a different neighborhood.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 14, 23:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can always use him as a donor for SimSurgery and make someone that looks like him, since you liked his looks...
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 15, 01:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often get drivers as walk-bys after expansions and resets. I can't interact with them, either. Glad to know that I shouldn't.
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 15, 09:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one come "with a friend" once... My sims could interact with him autonomously, but I couldn't make them interact with him.

Not that it was a great loss cos he was fugly. Tongue

Atom XX
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 15, 09:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen a driver walk by on an NL comm lot before, but since they're easily recognisable (they all wear the brown jumpsuit) I know to keep clear of them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: