More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 11:20:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Upgrading Computer Hardware
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Upgrading Computer Hardware  (Read 19690 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Upgrading Computer Hardware
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 15, 21:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The serial number should be on the back of the manual.

Thanks, I found it...Smiley.
What a weird place to put a serial number - I have to write it down, in case I lose the manual...Smiley.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 15, 22:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have the game 12 hours before my 2-year-old ran off with the manual and hid it somewhere. I found it a couple of hours later in the crock pot, along with a stash of M&Ms and my car keys.  Smiley

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 15, 22:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there's a way to trick the game into thinking your card is capable (someone mentioned it somewhere on this site recently), so does anyone know what that trick is?

I've seen that trick somewhere, hmm
Could this be the one you're talking about? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47559 (nomercy's post)

No, it's not, but thanks for trying.  I think it's the same file that's used, but it's something different that has to be altered.  My problem now is that whenever I go back into the game, it resets my options back to default so I have to enable the neighbourhood view all over again.  I wouldn't mind, but it takes ages to get the one that shows you the houses to click on.  What's so irritating is, as I've already said, there is no slowdown or anything so why the hell won't it let me do it by default, or at the very least stop changing it.  Grrrrrrrrrr.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Danni
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 18, 06:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The serial number should be on the back of the manual.

Thanks, I found it...Smiley.
What a weird place to put a serial number - I have to write it down, in case I lose the manual...Smiley.

Us Brits have had it on the back of the manual since the original Sims 1 games Tongue

I like to be able to read people's posts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: