More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 18:47:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim wont die of old age - problem now solved
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim wont die of old age - problem now solved  (Read 4571 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Sim wont die of old age - problem now solved
« on: 2006 October 01, 00:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing a new version of Pleasantview, and it's time for Mortimer Goth to shuffle off this mortal coil, he's got 0 days left.  Every hour his queue drops as if Grimmy and the hula girls are coming for him ... and then nothing happens.  There's not even an error message (yes, I do have debug mode on).  He's living in the Caliente house with Dina and their toddler. 

This is the first death in this version of PV, and it's kinda worrying that Grimmy isn't appearing.

Anyone got any ideas on fixing this?

EDIT to add:  I forgot to say that I recently installed FFS and patched it.  I didn't do a complete uninstall & reinstall, I simply installed FFS over my existing installation (I was running Uni + NL + OFB p2).  This is the first neighbourhood I've played since installing FFS, so this is the first death.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 01, 01:19:19 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Sim wont die of old age
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 01, 00:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you dont have aging turned off through a hack?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 01, 00:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to my knowledge.  I have had other sims age (e.g. Daniel Pleasant is now an elder, Lucy Burb is now a teen).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 01, 01:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats weird.. have you tried to force an error? Im not sure if that will help..it couldnt hurt. or hell just exit without saving...

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sim wont die of old age - problem now solved
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 01, 01:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and his queue dropped on the next hour then nothing happened ...

Currently about to try moving the family to another (non-Maxis) lot, in case it's a buggy Maxis lot.

EDIT to add:  Ah, that fixed it.  I moved them into another lot, and Grimmy and Hula girls turned up the next hour.  So it was something about the Caliente lot that was buggy.

*sigh* I was going to go looking for a house to download for Dina after Morty died.... but she's ended up in a lot I've played quite a few times before and am starting to get bored with.  I suppose I could still look for another house, but I hate moving sims as I always end up forgetting to put in something when I set up a new house or I forget to do something important like re-smart milk the toddler.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 01, 01:19:37 by Kyna » Logged

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 09, 02:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen in my email family - horrible Ericka took an extra day to die. I think if the sim misses the Grimmy appointment, sometimes it takes until 6pm the next day to sort itself out.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 09, 09:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quirk: Sims cannot die while sitting. If a sim happens to thus be seated at the top of the hour, he will not die and his death will be postponed to the next hour. This can actually persist indefinitely!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 09, 09:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that.

Sitting sims who are overdue for death don't lose their queue either.  They keep on poweridling, reading, or whatever they were doing.

In my case Morty was standing (training charisma at a mirror).  His queue dropped out every hour as if the death transition was going to take place ... then nothing.  That grim reaper is a tease, building my hopes up every hour then not turning up.

As I already posted moving them elsewhere fixed it.  But it wasn't that he was sitting down because (a) he wasn't; (b) his queue wasn't dropping out; and (c) I'm familiar with that one, have seen it many times, and have been known to abuse it so that other sims don't go spiralling into aspiration failure after the death, or maybe to make sure they do, depending on who they are :evil grin:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: