More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 13:47:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  need computer geek help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: need computer geek help  (Read 4191 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
need computer geek help
« on: 2006 October 01, 09:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the sims into my dvd-cd rom and it wouldn't read it and I could not eject it, so I had to take a knife and opent the cd door to get the sims out. 
  The case will not open or close with the button and the green ligjht keeps blinking off and on, like there is a cd inside it.   I turned off the power and did every thing to get the green lite to stop flashing but it will not.

I am going to order me a new one today but is there anyway to stop the green light from flashing?   I can play my sims using my  cd writer drive which is seperate from the dvd rom.   Whati if I  disable to cd rom in the  hardware device,  will my cd  burner still work until I can get the new dvd rom?    The flashing green lit is driving me bonkers.   Cry
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: need computer geek help
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 01, 09:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not put a piece of black electrical tape or duct tape over the light? Problem solved.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 01, 09:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try disconnecting your PC from the power supply for a few minutes and rebooting before trying the knife?   it's still worth trying now.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 01, 10:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you don't disable the wrong one, yes you could disable it in hardware devices and your cd writer should still work fine. You can also just take it out of the tower. I mean, you're going to have to, when you replace it. *shrug* No real reason to wait, it won't hurt you to have an empty space for a few days.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 01, 10:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little late, but in the future remember not to break your drive when you need a CD/DVD out of it.

There's always a small hole near the insert/exit button. Stick a needle or something in there, and the drive will spit out the disk.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 01, 11:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little late, but in the future remember not to break your drive when you need a CD/DVD out of it.

There's always a small hole near the insert/exit button. Stick a needle or something in there, and the drive will spit out the disk.

A straightened out paper clip does the job better.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 01, 19:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A straightened out paper clip does the job better.

I keep a large paper clip around my computer just for that purpose (though I haven't had to do it since I got the new computer this spring).

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 01, 21:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, I tried turning if off and I disconnected the power supply before I got the cd out.  It is not broke, the case or anything, just the light stays on and the eject button will not work.   I ordered a new one and it should be here Mon. or Tues.

My friend who is putting it in for me said that she had a similar problem with her floppy drive, she put in a disk and it would not read it and after she took it out, the light never did stop flashing. 

thanks everybody, I will remember the paper clip tip, if it ever happens again.   Grin
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 01, 21:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the little hole in the front of the CDDrive is to open the "door"
generally i use a "pin" like this one

that's pefect the for the small rounded hole .. and the drawer will be opened also if the cd-rom in on the move.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 01, 22:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We call those paperclips in the US, MaxPS.

Thanks for the info I will remember that, I always wondered what those little holes were.

Or I could be totally wrong...
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 02, 10:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh...small holes are too cumbersome. They should attach big yellow-and-black-striped handles on the device which would make the drive go "Eject! Eject! Eject!" and jettison the door open when you pull them!  Tongue

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: