More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 18:05:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Promotion Hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Promotion Hack?  (Read 3172 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
No Promotion Hack?
« on: 2006 September 21, 17:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of hours ago I was sure I'd once run across a simple little hack that would lock a sim at his current job level, preventing promotion. However, I've googled and googled, using every set of key words I can think of, and can't find it. Has anyone else seen such a thing? Thanks!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: No Promotion Hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 21, 21:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you may like harder jobs in the absence of any such hack that you are searching for, it will do a similar thing effectively.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 21, 22:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regrettably, I can't yet afford OFB. I have a simpler non-Awesome variant already installed.

However, what I need at the moment is a mechanism to freeze the positions, and thereby the hours, of certain Sims so that they (well, I...) can avoid the need for nannies.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 21, 23:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could remove a certain required skill point using boolprop testingcheats, avoid chance cards and later assign the point (make a note).
A generous motion would be to sell skills to the reaper. There are alternatives to nannies such as babysitter and NPC mods, if you are interested in that.

There used to be one available for The Sims but I'm thinking there was a promotion-freeze hack for base game located on some guy's outdated webpage.  Huh
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 22, 00:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tweaked the career (he now needs 76 more friends...). I was trying to avoid that since I don't know the consequences of repeatedly changing the career parameters (since as soon as the kids are old enough, I'll want to change it back to a reasonable number again.)

In this house I'm trying to avoid outside childcare. On other lots I use nannies and on a few of the most affluent I'll generate an elder as a live-in housekeeper and nanny. Thanks, though! I appreciate the input.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 22, 01:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that would lock a sim at his current job level, preventing promotion.

I've added a request for this option to be added to InSIM, it drives me nuts to have to remove skill points just to keep a poor stupid sim as a poor stupid sim that isn't capable of a higher level(better paying) job
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 22, 01:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps it would be useful to some people if there was a hack where, instead of instantly promoting a Sim, instead you get a pop-up when they would be promoted giving them the option of accepting the promotion or not?  I know my dad has done this in real life because he's good enough at his job that he's been offered management positions, but he always refuses both because he doesn't want the responsibility (he's more comfortable working with computers than people) and because it's often the management that gets laid off when a company is trying to save some money.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 22, 11:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember there being a lot of talk about a hack that gave you an option to accept or reject a promotion.  But I can't remember if it was ever made, or if it was just a request.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: