More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 07, 09:38:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Community telescope
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community telescope  (Read 5159 times)
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Community telescope
« on: 2006 August 18, 07:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to get a telescope at a community lot ... Iīm building a planetarium and it wonīt look good with out at least one telescope, now would it  Huh

Any suggestions  Huh  Huh  Huh

Rose
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Community telescope
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 18, 09:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of OFB, the telescope should be accessible from the community lot catalog.

If you don't have OFB, you can add the telescope to a collection while on a home lot, exit the game, open the collection file in SimPE, and change the word "collection" into "communitylotcollection" After doing this, the collection will be accessible from community lots.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 18, 09:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if you just want ONE telescope, or, for that matter, something from a community lot, and don't want to be bothered leaving the game and hacking collections, just stuff the item you want into the owner's inventory and haul it there with him.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 18, 09:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have OFB, but I have not been able to locate any of the telescopes, I assume that they should show up in the section with the bookcases ... oh well ... Iīm building the planetarium in a university hood ... maybe thatīs why it dosenīt show up.

Guess that I "just" have to move the lot to the regular hood, add the telescope, and move it back to uni ... or see if I can create a collection.

BTW ... I asked a question, and you didnīt make fun of me ... that is very dissapointing  Tongue

Rose

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 18, 12:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if you just want ONE telescope, or, for that matter, something from a community lot, and don't want to be bothered leaving the game and hacking collections, just stuff the item you want into the owner's inventory and haul it there with him.

I tried this method before. I wanted to do a community lot art gallery so I tried stuffing the paintings that I wanted into their inventory. Then I couldn't retrieve the items when I got there. Besides, once you leave the lot it resets so the items won't be there for future visits.

So do you know a secret that lets the items be there the next time someone visits?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 18, 12:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you own the lot, you will be able to save the acts of devastation you commit against it. If you then sell the lot, the devastation remains for all time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 18, 15:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so what happens when a sim gets abducted? I would think that would cause some wonky problems on a community or non residential lot.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 18, 18:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can't be abducted when they are in a community lot. This is one of the games' rules...Smiley.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 18, 21:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay ... I created a brand new hood and placed a community lot in it ......... no telescope ....... am I blind or  Huh  Huh  Huh

Rose ... who donīt get it anymore
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 19, 17:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked on my game.. and no telescope to be found while on a community lot.

So.. what you could do is a zoning change.. change the lot from community to residential.. add the telescope.. then change it back to a community lot.

Highlight the community lot and ctrl/shift/c and then changelotzoning residential
Save the lot to keep the change.

Go into the lot and  buy the telescope.. place it where you want it to be.

Save

Turn it back into a community lot with ctrl/shift/c changelotzoning community.

These codes must be used on the neighborhood screen.

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 20, 06:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did think about rezoning, but Iīve heard that some had problems with the telefonebox vs. the mailbox ... something about mailbox showing up on communitylot and visa versa ... and I canīt find that thread (at N99) to find out if it was a real problem or it was something fixable ...

but maybe I just should go for it ... I have often rezoned residential lots to dorms, without problems ... so ...

Rose
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 20, 10:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rosebud (as an outrageous cheater, I really like this user name), check your e-mail...Smiley.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 20, 14:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did think about rezoning, but Iīve heard that some had problems with the telefonebox vs. the mailbox ... something about mailbox showing up on communitylot and visa versa ... and I canīt find that thread (at N99) to find out if it was a real problem or it was something fixable ...

Rezoning works fine if you start with a community lot, change it to residential and add the residential objects you want, and then change back to community.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 20, 21:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just used a hacked residental to community collection...that you way you dont have to bother with zoning. Doesnt TwoJeffs have one?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 20, 23:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here. Hacked collection with just the telescope. It has a red plumbob as the icon.

* CommTelescope.package (1.04 KB - downloaded 118 times.)

Fail.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 21, 08:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you thank you thank you ... everyone  Grin

Finally my planetarium will have a telescope ... *LOL*

Rose
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »