More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 05:43:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Should this be happening?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Should this be happening?  (Read 3419 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Should this be happening?
« on: 2006 August 13, 04:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's the deal. My vampires seem to be royally screwed up. Usually, vampires take the usual amount of mood damage while at work. These vamps are taking damage as if they were outside, coming home with everything in the red. And here's the worst part. Don't Wave at Me isn't working on these guys. The other day, one of them was standing next to his coffin, but he wouldn't get into it because he kept complaining. He died, but I saved him, and immediately downloaded Don't Wave. It didn't work. They are still paralyzed by their poor mood. They complain, wave at me, and jump out of all my commands. I've checked that in was in my folder, re-downloaded it, checked the version, it still won't work. I have no-awesome, and I can think of no reason as to why this is happening.  Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Should this be happening?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 13, 09:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This occurs because the game tries to reset all motive decay bases when you reload a game. If you save a game with a vampire at work, it will thus load up with the "on fire" bug. Total motive failure tends to cause queue stompage, which seems to occur at a hardcoded level, so that's why you're getting queue lock even with anti-whine. This is basically a corner-case bug. The possibility of a fix is being investigated, but since attempts to change this in the past have caused game-resets, the cure was worse than the problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 13, 12:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! I did not know about that, Thanks JP, I did have a vamp come home from work and instead of running inside and jumping into to the coffin as I told her to do, just stand there and start to smoke, due to some STUPID visitor who wanted to have a wreched pillow fight!! To fix her mood I exited and re-loaded (the visitor had gone) then used move objects on to PUT her in ther damn celler and then she got into the coffin.

The only other thing I can think of is a doll I use when really in the crap to max their motives? And I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it or even find it my hack folder? (its my bloody age Undecided)

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 13, 12:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play Vampires, so I have never experienced anything like that, but there are plenty of cheats/mods to increase their motives so you can safe their pixel lives. Merola's painting for one, or the Insim. There is also the window-cheat that will max the motives, but I don't know the exact wording. I'm sure all the ctr/shift/c cheats are floating around the community in one place or another.

I also don't know much about the Insim, but Merola's painting is my sim emergency handler. It can max the motives of choice, to half or full. I think those are the two choices. I haven't had to use it in a while, sorry for the vagueness. There are always the flamingoes, but they are a bit cheaty. I also don't know who hosts them now, could it be Nectere?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 13, 14:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bug, eh? I guess I won't feel so bad about debugging them back into health.  Tongue
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 13, 21:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also the window-cheat that will max the motives, but I don't know the exact wording.
Do you mean "maxmotives"?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 13, 21:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This occurs because the game tries to reset all motive decay bases when you reload a game. If you save a game with a vampire at work, it will thus load up with the "on fire" bug.

So then... for now, is it a good idea, when playing with Vampires, to make sure you NEVER save/quit the game while a vampire is at work? I suppose this is currently the only work around.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 14, 01:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 14, 02:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have one family of vamps, I don't know why I even have them.  I find the motive decay so annoying I just use the "motivedecay off" cheat. Beh, I'm lazy....

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: