More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 00:29:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Inviting downtownies to parties
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inviting downtownies to parties  (Read 4115 times)
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Inviting downtownies to parties
« on: 2006 July 14, 12:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that downtownies never come to the parties I throw?   Huh  My sims are best friends with them but it seems they always have something better to do.  Angry

Can this be fixed/modded?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Inviting downtownies to parties
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 14, 13:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downtownies always come to the parties in my game, unless they hate my sim or something. I've noticed that with wedding parties, everyone who is invited comes, regardless of relationship scores.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 14, 13:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, although you'd think that they'd take the opportunity to shout "I OBJECT!".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 14, 13:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be so funny! Cheesy I'm kinda disappointed neither the bride or groom runs off from the wedding arch. Ever. They used to in the base game...

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 14, 16:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a horrific wedding party in my game because I forgot that my legacy founder Tad had a crush on his daughter-in-law. He went right up to her and gave her a huge kiss in the middle of the ceremony. Everyone in the family was furious, even the happy couple, but they didn't interrupt the ceremony to fume at him. That would have been AWESOME.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 15, 13:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, and there needs to be party crashers, In real life, people tend to crash weddings, especially if they don't like the people getting married. And shotgun weddings. Why aren't there any shotgun weddings? There should have been a shotgun wedding, where if a sim gets another sim pregnant, the family of the pregnant sim can arrange a shotgun wedding, where if he tries to run off, you hear a "CH-CHK", and then he gulps and accepts anyway. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 15, 20:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that TJ is making it possible for casual romance to result in unplanned pregnancy with sims who are mere acquaintances, this is starting to look like an important fix in the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 15, 20:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, we're gonna need shotgun weddings.

anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 19, 21:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that TJ is making it possible for casual romance to result in unplanned pregnancy with sims who are mere acquaintances, this is starting to look like an important fix in the game.

Seriously!  My brothel-running prostitute Sim has to invite all her previous "customers" over to her house once her babies become toddlers in order to figure out who fathered them thanks to TJ and LizzLove  Grin

I love the mystery!

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 19, 22:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some problems with people who should come to parties not showing up as well. I think it was linked to the fact that a large number of them lacked phones. Now every time one of my sims meets someone who s/he wants to be friends with, I summon the townie, control them with Merola's mirror, and give them a cell phone with TJ's college adjuster. This seems to fix it. I think maybe deleting and replacing the original townies is what caused them to be phoneless, but I don't really know.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 19, 22:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously!  My brothel-running prostitute Sim has to invite all her previous "customers" over to her house once her babies become toddlers in order to figure out who fathered them thanks to TJ and LizzLove  Grin

I love the mystery!

You could check the family tree.... consider it to be a paternity test. That's what I used to do with syberspunk's risky whoohoo hack.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 20, 13:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana, I don't think that's it because they show up with a personal invitation.
Well, I've found a mod to solve this problem: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=16951, if someone is interested. It's Squinge's Always Accept Party Invitations. Now, everybody comes to my regular parties.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: