More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 04:48:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  BFBVFS, Part 2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BFBVFS, Part 2  (Read 4558 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
BFBVFS, Part 2
« on: 2006 June 24, 23:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled last night. The houses I put into the Lot Catalog folder show up and look fine in the thumbnail, but won't load in game when placed on a lot. Far more unsettling, something is overwriting the GUIDs on most of the original Maxi artwork. This can't be good. They are unselectable--they just don't appear in the catalog when clicked on--although all the works based on each painting show up fine. I'm also seeing some color errors (the dread blue) that weren't there a few days ago. Clean Installer and the hack detector don't show anything untoward. Help? Any way to avert disaster this time?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: BFBVFS, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 25, 01:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*raises hand and jumps up and down*
Did you reinstall (not just copy and paste) your CEP (color enabler) file? I forgot to do that, and left a fantasticly (sp?) embarrasing thread about recolors eating objects.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 25, 03:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brilliant! Raises the de rigeur pint of Guinness and buys a round for ElfPuddle. That does indeed appear to be the problem with the vanishing originals.

Now, any idea how I can reclaim my houses?

Thanks so much!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 25, 07:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you just put houses in the lotcatalog without installing them first?  Maybe they aren't properly in the game if you just do that.? 

And what is in lotcatalog anyway apart from lots? - I have loads of 1kb character files in mine.  Is this another thing that needs cleaning up periodically?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 25, 14:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would I do that? They are already in the Lot Catalog. They show up just fine (apparently) when I browse through it in game. Clean Installer doesn't flag any problems. They are in package format. They are selectable. However, when I take one out and try to place it on a lot, the game freezes and eventually crashes.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 25, 14:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of is this:

*warning..I may not be right...double check with someone more awesome than I*

If you did indeed save your lots from the BFBVFS that was your game, might those lots be bringing their bugginess to this game?
If so, then don't use them!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 25, 14:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think cwykes means putting them straight in the D:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog folder without double clicking to package file. I just put my houses straight in there and they show up fine-but they are 'my' houses I have made myself, just on a different version of Sims 2 I have on my pc. You have to rename the filename of the house to correspond with the next available number.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 26, 11:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it's working fine now (knock wood). It might have been related to the CEP problem, it might have been that the first two I tried were indeed corrupted, leading me to prematurely conclude that the entire folder was broken.

Anyway, at this point I'm happily restoring my neighborhoods. Thanks, everyone, for all the help and moral support.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: